Which Artist To You Is The "Female Bono"? Mine's Avril.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jick

Refugee
Have any of you guys seen Avril's video for her new single "He Wasn't"?

She does have portions there where she wears the red horns - very similar to Macphisto.

There's even a part where she holds the telephones - kinda like Macphisto when he's about to make his outrageous calls.

Her outfit is also a red and black striped top - colors that are like the theme of HTDAAB and the U2 iPod.

She plays a guitar with the same black and white pattern as Edge's strat which he uses for playing Streets.

Avril played an 8 song set in the Tsunami Benefit concert - kinda like what U2 did 20 years ago in Live Aid.

The U2 influence is slowly starting to sink in. I can't wait for her to make a new album and see more U2 influence in it. I really think Avril is the "female Bono."

So which artist do you guys think is the female Bono? And please, don't give me obscure names of artsy artists - they have to be mainstream and popular and want to conquer the world just like Bono.

Cheers,

J

No. Avril is not even remotely close to being a female Bono.

I'll have to get back to you on this. I don't know who might be the female Bono because I really can't think of anyone who has done the things he has done music and charity wise.

Avril's still young.

But she writes her own songs - just like Bono.

She already smokes cigarettes - just like Bono.

And at this age she chooses a more raw and rocking sound - just like Boy era U2.

And she is annoying and irritating to some - she's sort of this loudmouth - well, Bono was like that too when he was younger.

So I'd like to compare Avril to a young Bono.

As for the Chrissy H comparison - oh please! The Pretenders aren't an active artist anymore but a nostalgia act. I'm looking for a current female artist.

Cheers,

J

I like Avril. She's talented but she's no Bono. For one thing, she's not well spoken in the least (she sounds like a typical Canadian teenager with all the "likes", and "umms")

gwen stefani.....

she has the confidence to equal that of bono

she has the desire to equal that of bono

she has the chest size equal to bono

I find myself in love with Jick's use of the English language for a guy from the Phillipines I am extremely impressed:wink:

ZeroDude said:
I find myself in love with Jick's use of the English language for a guy from the Phillipines I am extremely impressed:wink:

I've always noticed that since wire. :up: He writes better than a lot of Americans! I also know some girls on PLEBA who are also excellent writers in English even though it's not their native language :yes:

jick said:
Avril's still young.

But she writes her own songs - just like Bono.

She already smokes cigarettes - just like Bono.

And at this age she chooses a more raw and rocking sound - just like Boy era U2.

And she is annoying and irritating to some - she's sort of this loudmouth - well, Bono was like that too when he was younger.

So I'd like to compare Avril to a young Bono.

As for the Chrissy H comparison - oh please! The Pretenders aren't an active artist anymore but a nostalgia act. I'm looking for a current female artist.

Cheers,

J

Ehhh...I suppose. :shrug:

Yea, I don't know though I'm becoming suspicous of him, he isn't who he claims to be or do we have proof of life? ( maybe I'm just being paranoid or want another great conspiracy here)

ZeroDude said:
Yea, I don't know though I'm becoming suspicous of him, he isn't who he claims to be or do we have proof of life? ( maybe I'm just being paranoid or want another great conspiracy here)

Oh yes, J is who he is and where he says. People have checked his IP on wire a lot;)

(since wire is all emails, anyone who knows how to find the header can trace IPs, not just mods!)

Last edited:
Ok, glad thats cleared up:wink: although I will keep my eyes and mind open:rolleyes:

TheBrush said:
gwen stefani.....

she has the confidence to equal that of bono

she has the desire to equal that of bono

she has the chest size equal to bono

While Avril's really my choice, Gwen Stefani isn't a bad choice either.

Keep `em coming guys...

Cheers,

J

yimou said:
There are no female Bono,,

Hell, there even is no other male Bono.

But I mean who is the female who comes closest to you, or at least exhibits some similarities. There should be some sort of answer to my query. It's doesn't have exactly to be a Bono, but comparable at least.

You shouldn't use Bono and male standards to put them together. It should be something like how Hingis was the female Agassi/Sampras back in her day. Sure she can't serve or smash as fast as them, but in relation to her competition she was.

So Avril to be is like a Bono in relation to her competition (Ashlee, Britney, Kelly, Xtina, etc).

But right now she's not quite there yet but has the signs and potential to be there. Even 1980 Bono wasn't quite there yet anyway.

Cheers,

J

ZeroDude said:

I once started a promo long long ago in the past where I sent away a free bootleg compilation of all the best live tracks of U2, which I made myself. To the people who have received them and distributed them, if you are somehow still here in Wire - perhaps you can vouch for my identity. Those cd's I gave you did have a Philippines return address.

Cheers,

J

How do you define Bono ??;, I am getting confused.. We are not talking about the values of the man it seems, but rather some bad references to a set of horns and so on..

And if you think Bono is all about looking like a tramp then i guess Gwen is your " man "... You can´t compare Gwen with Bono, unless you are drunk,,, and the same goes for Avril.

jick said:

Hell, there even is no other male Bono.

But I mean who is the female who comes closest to you, or at least exhibits some similarities. There should be some sort of answer to my query. It's doesn't have exactly to be a Bono, but comparable at least.

You shouldn't use Bono and male standards to put them together. It should be something like how Hingis was the female Agassi/Sampras back in her day. Sure she can't serve or smash as fast as them, but in relation to her competition she was.

So Avril to be is like a Bono in relation to her competition (Ashlee, Britney, Kelly, Xtina, etc).

But right now she's not quite there yet but has the signs and potential to be there. Even 1980 Bono wasn't quite there yet anyway.

Cheers,

J

LOL,,, Ok, i guess i am not drunk enough to play along with this game :wink:

jick said:

I once started a promo long long ago in the past where I sent away a free bootleg compilation of all the best live tracks of U2, which I made myself. To the people who have received them and distributed them, if you are somehow still here in Wire - perhaps you can vouch for my identity. Those cd's I gave you did have a Philippines return address.

Cheers,

J

Touche, I will not question your identity anymore:wink:

yimou said:
How do you define Bono ??;, I am getting confused.. We are not talking about the values of the man it seems, but rather some bad references to a set of horns and so on..

And if you think Bono is all about looking like a tramp then i guess Gwen is your " man "... You can´t compare Gwen with Bono, unless you are drunk,,, and the same goes for Avril.

Simmer down........its fun........you know a game............lets play

TheBrush said:

Simmer down........its fun........you know a game............lets play

Relax,,, Then i would say the Olsen twins,,

For some reason Sheryl Crow comes to mind. Think she's fairly active politically and writes her own lyrics, for the most part,
i think. I don't have any of her albums but I like some of what has been out there in radio world. :wink:

What a horribly insulting thing to say about Bono! Avril Lavigne is just awful. She is not fit to shine Bono's shoes. She is definitely not the female Bono. I don't think there will ever be such a thing, though.

Back
Top Bottom