What's your favorite part of Vertigo?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bono's "Turn it up, Captain." Loves it!!! And, Your love is teaching me how to kneel part. :drool: LOVES IT! :heart:

It sounds a bit like U2's pre-Boy demos,
especially Adam's bass!
Then it's got that punk thing going on.....
and power chords!
It's like U2 stepped into a time machine.......backwards.
Song still has a modern feel to it though.
:) :)

I also really love the way Bono is singing "at least they know"
and listen to those backing vocals while he sings "all of this can be yours", they are so amazing.

I can't believe this song, it totally rocks, but you keep finding these beautiful details! I love the guitar on top of the yeah yeah yeahs in the end.

And please tell me, does anyone hear an echo at the beginning:"lights... lights... lights... right before lights go down? or is it just me???

And please tell me, does anyone hear an echo at the beginning:"lights... lights... lights... right before lights go down? or is it just me???

Or could i be my stereo?

i like:
1. 'hola'
2, 'Dond' esta'(or something like that)
3, 'turn it up louder, captain'
4, the powerful guitar riff
5, adam's bassline
6, bono's vocal. better than anything you can hear in atyclb, although i found two cracks: 'As the boys play ROCK and roll' and 'SHOT dead', and it's hard when he sings 'These bullets rip the SKY'. other than those, it's great

i don't like:
1, the guitar solo between 1:55 to 2:09, it's not even rocking
2, 'all of this...all of this can be yours'
3, 'yeah yeah yeah yeah', really stupid
4, larry's druming, nothing special

I love the very begining before The Edge kicks it into high gear. Yeah it's only like 5 seconds long but it's very cool.Somthing very ZOO Station about the intro in my opinion.

:"6, bono's vocal. better than anything you can hear in atyclb, although i found two cracks: 'As the boys play ROCK and roll' and 'SHOT dead', and it's hard when he sings 'These bullets rip the SKY'. other than those, it's great" -Johnny_Mo-
Oh man, I think Bono's voice is the coolest when it cracks. It adds emotion and a rockn'roll edge to it. Voices aren't ment to be perfect. When they aren't perfect that's what makes them perfect. "Perfect" voices can be left to the Celin Dions of the world
:lol

Last edited:
I have a new favorite part!!!

Now it's the last verse. I just love the echoey sound of his singing and Edge's guitar sounds so loud and awesome. I love that part the most now!!

Ok the little Edge guitar solo between 1:55 to 2:09 needs to be HARDER. It sounds much too soft, it loses the momentum of the song. The notes he's playing are great, it just needs to be so much harder and more rock and roll.
Btw myu favourite part is the heavy bridge between 1:44 and 1:55, really uplifiting

I like the intro (first 6/7 secs) - very industrial guitar and very unlike recent U2. Also the way Adam's bass plays tightly along note for note with Edge's guitar at times - gives the music a double punch.

Still trying to figure out some of the lyrics. Plenty of ambiguity in there.

:wink: love it... whoever said "beginner's energy with veteran's craft" absolutely hit the f...ing nail on the head...

All of these various posts really expose the "veteran's craft" that must have occurred behind the scenes to write/record/mix this song. I'm sure every detail was analyzed, debated and stressed over, yet as a whole the song still has this "pure" indescribable feel to it.

If I had to pick one favorite part it would be the "all of this can be yours.... no-one gets hurt" part... allthough is it just me or does it sound like Michael Jackson when Bono says "hurt"???

[/B]
Oh man, I think Bono's voice is the coolest when it cracks. It adds emotion and a rockn'roll edge to it. Voices aren't ment to be perfect. When they aren't perfect that's what makes them perfect. "Perfect" voices can be left to the Celin Dions of the world
:lol [/B]

Well said!! :yes:

1:54 in, when Bono's singing "yeah yeah yeah" and then it goes into Edge's mini-solo.

For my money, that might just be the best 4 seconds of any U2 song, ever.

Back
Top Bottom