What's your favorite Bono vocal on HTDAAB?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I prefer Bono's vocal on this album than on Achting Baby. It's spintingling stuff.

Yahweh, SYCMIOYO, Miracle Drug, Man & Woman, Crumbs. Original.....Bono is in amazing form.

Yahweh - just somethint about the melody and the way he sings those lyrics. Great stuff.

I also LOVE when he uses the Macphisto voice in L&P or else when says "you daughters of zion!" Anyone else notice that? Awesome

Definitely Sometimes....

although A Man And A Woman has planted itself firmly in my head, has grown roots and is refusing to shift!

"take this soul, stranded in some skin and booones / take this soul and make it sing..."...

"yahweh" is fantastic.

No question about it. City of Blinding Lights and SYCMIOYO.

But he sounds pretty damn good on Original of the Species, too.

And a honorable mention goes to that scream in ABOY. :)

TheWanderer said:
Yahweh - just somethint about the melody and the way he sings those lyrics. Great stuff.

I also LOVE when he uses the Macphisto voice in L&P or else when says "you daughters of zion!" Anyone else notice that? Awesome

Yeah I noticed a couple of Macphisto-isms in this song, really cool! :D

ADecentMelody said:
Hands down - SYCMIOYO. Starts out low and erupts into that tenor A and sustains it. Very beautiful. It'll be the highlight each and every night on the tour. It's already getting the applause and audible gasps it deserves during these promo tours.

:yes:

The "tenor" part from SYCMIOYO the bridge of Yahweh and the screaming in the middle of ABOY.

In SYCMIOYO where he sings, the best that you can do is to fake it. Well then there is the scream in ABOY. I love the scream! I think his vocals on this entire album are the best that I have heard his voice ever sounding. He sounds amazing!

Back
Top Bottom