What were U2 doing the year you were born?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmm, ditto to working on the War album. Hmm Bono would probably have celebrated Ali's birthday the day before I was born.

If you know Ali's birthday, you know mine ;)

July 22, 1985

In 1985, U2 were finishing up the UF Tour, and had recently performed at LiveAid on July 13th. Plans were getting underway for the Amnesty International Tour.

*sits in the corner with the old folks*

Larry got his very first drum kit; the same year, his youngest sister Mary died.

Edge had piano lessons and didn't like school.

Adam wasn't being beaten with a gym shoe anymore at school because it "was simply doing no good" and hadn't yet picked up an instrument.

Bono's mother Iris was still alive; he was seemingly at the top of his game, at a new school called Mount Temple where one's religion didn't matter so much as one's abilities....

fah said:
December 1960....

Adam would be the cool naked baby
Bono would be talking - non stop
Edge would be plotting his escape
Larry's Mum would listening to Elvis Presley records

bono was born 10 days ahead of me. i was born on the 25th of may. we were born during very interesting, tumultous times...
both in the western world and in the east. while the west was seeing the names of jfk, martin luther, elvis, the beatles, us here in asia were surrounded by the likes of mao, ho chi minh, and a future dictator was making waves in our own philippine senate. ferdinand marcos that is. maybe the things happening around us
at that time had instilled significant values and political and historical insights for both bono and me. interesting no?

maro_chik said:
July 22, 1985

In 1985, U2 were finishing up the UF Tour, and had recently performed at LiveAid on July 13th. Plans were getting underway for the Amnesty International Tour.

What a coincidence! The exact same for me, as I was born on the exact same day! Hurray for all 7/22/85ers!

March 12, 1986 - U2 were coming off a promo show at RTE2 Studios in Dublin on January 30, and they played Womanfish, Trip Through Your Wires, and Knocking on Heaven's Door. They were probably writing the Joshua Tree at the time and also were gearing up for the Conspiracy of Hope tour to begin in June.

April 29th, 1987

The day they played one of their best concerts, Rock's Hottest Ticket, in Chicago.

November 23rd 1982...

... so they were rehearsing for the pre-War tour I guess! :D

I'm :lmao: at the replies from the ppl at the same age as the band - you all have a great sense of humor! :yes:

Yes, I'll get the best birthday present ever this year! :wink:

(I'm sorry for bringing back an old thread, but I was reading this and I wanted to chime in)

Ok, I was born on August 25th 1983.....just a couple days after the did a show in Norway during the War Tour.

Probably also starting to write UF too...cause I was born in Chicago...and they came to Chicago in May of 83...and so on and so forth.

Born December 08, 1984, they were playing in Detroit, at Fox Theater!
Setlist-11 O'Clock Tick Tock, I Will Follow, Seconds, MLK, The Unforgettable Fire, Wire, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Electric Co., A Sort Of Homecoming, Bad, October, New Year's Day, Pride

Encore(s): Party Girl, Gloria, 40

What a neat thread!

March 31, 1974...so no U2 yet. And only six months to go until Bono's life changes forever, making him into the person he is today.

Back
Top Bottom