What Version Are You Buying?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What version of HTDAAB are you getting?

• Regular CD

Votes: 37 30.8%
  • CD and DVD pack

Votes: 37 30.8%
  • Deluxe Limited Boxed Set

Votes: 80 66.7%
  • Vinyl

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 2.5%

• Total voters

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Okay, there's four different versions of the album available: regular, double (CD and DVD), super deluxe limited edition (CD, DVD, book, kitchen sink), and vinyl. Out of curiosity, what version(s) have you bought or are you planning to buy? I'll throw in an "other" option if someone is getting a tape or downloading it onto their iPod.

Got the deluxe ed. on Amazon - will be downloading the box set from itunes - I figure that will take a couple hours even with broadband internet

and I'm probably cave and get a regular CD just to go out and actually something up

1 vinyl
1 standard
1 cd & dvd
1 deluxe

All of these will stay sealed for my collection.

And I'll also buy another copy of the deluxe for me to listen to and play with :drool:

I Brought the CD/DVD One
and the CD/DVD/Booklet One..

i've spent over $660 on U2 this month (if you add the iPod and Vertigo Singles, Albums)

:shocked: :confused: :applaud: :hyper: :faint:

Ah hell, I don't know what to buy! This is all too much for me!

Just give me what I want and nobody gets hurt!

I bought the U2 iPod, both Vertigo singles, downloaded HTDAAB and ordered the Deluxe Limited Edition w/cd, dvd and book. I'll likely also buy a couple of import editions.

I'm also struggling with whether to download the complete U2 digital box set. The dilemma is that I'd be paying $100 for essentially 60 songs max that I don't currently have in my U2 music collection... out of 400+ songs... don't know if it's worth it.

We'll see.

ultrraviolette said:
1 vinyl
1 standard
1 cd & dvd
1 deluxe

All of these will stay sealed for my collection.

And I'll also buy another copy of the deluxe for me to listen to and play with :drool:

i think only the cd version will be available here.
and i wish i could afford to buy all formats and have an extra to keep in the shelf. but then who knows there would be other formats 2 yrs from now and everything can be stored in one piece.
hopefully it would be more affordable and i would be richer and then plasma tv would be a real "household" term.

I AM SO LAME: :scream: I hardly ever come to this part of the forum and I was totally unaware of the various versions. I bought the cheapo :sad: Now I'll have to spend more money to get the one I really wanted, and I can't afford both but I've already opened it. It's good to collect 'em all though. I should have looked first.

I just bought the deluxe "Collector's Edition." That's it.

I've seen the prices that musical memorabilia fetches decades after the fact, and it generally isn't worth it to buy multiple copies and leave one unopened, for the most part. I'll enjoy my opened "Collector's Edition."

Melon

If there's anyone lamer than me, it's the stores around here :der: I had to ask for it at Walmart and the lady had no idea what I was talking about! She had to go in the back and dig in boxes, and I had to describe the cover to her! My Circuit City didn't have it out and the salesman tried to tell me it hadn't been released yet! Duh! Best Buy had the Deluxe and cheap ones. I'm still looking for the other 2.

I'm afraid if many stores are like this it will hurt the initial sales of the new album:grumpy:

Is Fast Cars on the US Deluxe (CD and DVD)? I know it is on the Collector's (which I bought) but a friend is interested in the Deluxe.

Back
Top Bottom