What U2 songs can you not live without?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wertsie

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
You know, the ones that when you feel like you've hit rock bottom, they can pick you up, and, if not make it all better, at least help the situation a little.

The number one choice for me is One. So far, I have cried every time they've played it at a concert I've attended, and I've often found myself breaking down just driving along in my car. It's just so powerful on so many levels for me that it's hard to put it into words.

The rest of these are in no particular order...

Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of...:lol: I often feel like this is the story of my life. I'm notorious for making situations about 100 times more complicated than they have to be. The first time I heard this song, I felt like Bono was singing to ME. It's still that way with each additional listen.

Wake Up Dead Man...Believe it or not, this is another song that just lifts me up every time. When I listen to it, I feel like no matter how badly I think things are going, I'm not the only one who has ever felt that way, and I realize that I CAN get through it!

Always...I know it's a B-side and all, but I just think it's amazing. It's just a great feel-good song. I can't help but smile when listening to it, no matter what.

Gloria...Actually, the whole album of October is great to make me feel more connected to God, but Gloria is just a terrific way to start it all!

...I could probably think of many, many more, but I'll give you a turn, okay? :wink:

One

Stuck In A Moment , you can't get out of it

Walk On

Beautiful Day

Holy Joe

Happiness Is A Warm Gun

A Sort Of Homecoming

BAD
ISHFWILF
WOWY
PRIDE
WALK ON
WTSHNN
NYD
OCTOBER
ULTRAVIOLET
MYSTERIOUS WAYS
ACROBAT
DISCO
SATS
IALW
ELEVATION
WILD HONEY
LEMON
STAY

Bsides:

SLOW DANCING
PARTY GIRL
SUMMER RAIN

JUST TO NAME A FEW!

:tongue:

You asked about U2 songs I cannot live without...I have 3 songs that are really important in my life, not exactly because they can cheer me up or make me smile...sometimes is exactly the opposite. All I can say is...I really feel these songs, more than just listen to them. They are Bad, Walk to the Water and So Cruel.

Mysterious Ways
SBS
Stuck
Trying To Throw Your Arms Around The World
A Sort Of Homecoming
Pride
ISHFWILF
Mofo
BD & Kite (mostly because of the meaning)

Hmm.. :hmm:

All I Want Is You
The Fly
One
Elevation (especially when I'm listening to it on a bootleg.. never fails to cheer me up)
Until the End of the World (ditto.. the album version is very good, but the live version is perfect)
Beautiful Day

And about Walk to the Water.. it is a really good song, and it's underappreciated. I :heart: it.

:happy: I see that a couple people mentioned "Walk to the Water." :up: Great song...been awhile since I've listened to it. Should probably remedy that soon!

Niamh_Saoirse said:
UNTIL THE END OF THE WORLD

Man! I know I always say this, but that song is a :censored: mental orgasm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drool:

Mental orgasm?! :eeklaugh: :lmao:

Velvet Dress
Tomorrow
Love Comes Tumbling
Love Is Blindness
Please
and a lot more, but these are on top of my mind right now.....

For me, it would probably be easier to list those that I really don't care for which are Holy Joe and Hold Me, Kiss Me, Thrill Me, Kill Me. The rest, well, I love them all. Depending on my mood, I love being able to listen to all of them. I couldn't imagine picking out a selected few to name as those I just couldn't go without.

However, My favorites are:

WOWY
Streets
One Tree Hill
Pride
Kite
Elevation
Your Blue Room
One
Love Is Blindness
Walk On
BAD
All I Want Is You
Unchained Melody (Because Bono's voice does it more justice than the original recording!)
Beautiful Day
Please
If You Wear That Velvet Dress
If God Would Send In His Angels
.....see what I mean. I could go on......and on!
So I'll just leave it at that and say
:wave: for now...............

Walk On (reassures me)
Stuck In A Moment (helped me during last year with a crush, even though it's not really about a crush (there were certain parts, though, that I could relate to my situation))
One
With Or Without You (regardless of how many times I hear this song, I will never, ever get sick of it)
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Where The Streets Have No Name (great sing-along song)
Bad
Can't Help Falling In Love (I absolutely adore their version of this song)
In A Little While
The Sweetest Thing
Discotheque
Mofo
If God Will Send His Angels
Love Is Blindness
The Fly
So Cruel
Elevation (gets me going)
Sunday Bloody Sunday
New Year's Day
Angel Of Harlem (another song that gets me going, and is great to sing along to)
October
Tomorrow
I Will Follow
Pride (In The Name Of Love)

There's some of my list.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom