What I would really like in a U2 album.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convoy

Acrobat
I was just listening to both the greatest hits CDs and I was thinking, their kinda useless. Nowdays with mp3s and the internet and the ablitly to make your own mixed CD, its pointless for greatest hits that are just pulled from the CD of the other albums.

But for me, I what I would really like to see in a best of album done by U2 is that they record the tracks. I'd love to have a best of album with a version of Sunday Bloody Sunday that sounds like it does now with the way Bono's voice as aged. Or a version of Stay (Far away, so close) that is acoustic. For me that would really be something worth buying. How about the rest of you?

best of's really serve more of a purpose to make an album for casual fans , you know, something with all the singles on it. is a caasual fan really going to be motivated to download all their favourite u2 singles and stick them on a mix? maybe. but they're porbably still more likely to go out and buy the greatest hits comp. or it makes a good birthday gift or something...

I've always wondered what 'Streets' would sound like if recorded today. I bet if they tried to replicated it exactly to how they recorded it on JT, they would never be able to do it. For one thing, Bono couldn't make his voice sound the same. It would be really cool to hear a contemporary version, after all these years of perfecting it live.

An up to date version of New Years Day, similar to how it sounds live would kick ass

That'd definitely be better than what we got, but optimally, they wouldn't waste their efforts on songs they've already written and recorded at all.

Or they could just record a high quality, live cd next tour. They play enough old songs during their shows. :yes:

Or they could release official "bootlegs" of every show they've ever played, ever.

Back
Top Bottom