Vertigo question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jenU2child

The Fly
My friend recently heard the version of "Vertigo" that has Bono's voice slowing down when he says: "Just give me what I want, and no one gets hurt," It's the version that is on the video where the boys are on the circular platforms. The voice sort of slows and has a mechanical deepness to it. He wanted to know how to get a hold of the song. He heard it in his work, but he cannot access the CD from which the song was played. So I was wondering if anyone knows what that version is called or where I can get it. I have the Complete U2 Digital Boxset, but I checked out all my Vertigos and I didn't find it. So if anyone could help, we'd be so grateful! :D Thanks.

jenU2child said:
It's the version that is on the video where the boys are on the circular platforms. The voice sort of slows and has a mechanical deepness to it.

Isn't the version in the video the one on the album?:confused:

Well, I don't think so. The one on the album sounds just like "Just give me what I want and no one gets ...hurt" but the version I mean is like 'Just give me what I want and no one gets....(and the music sort of becomes dramatic) and then the voice is altered somehow when he says hurt. It fades and gets lower and slower as if it's being digitally manipulated. I can hear it in my mind. See, my friend heard the song at work...it's a mix his bosses play, but since none of the mixes have the track names, he cannot locate the specific song in their plethora of CDs. He looked for it on iTunes, but it does not appear to be there.

I know what you mean..where it sort of comes to a standstill and starts back up again. I think i had that version on my old computer..but it got wiped clean by the kind people at hewlett packard. If anyone does have a version of this, could I share?

I know what you are referring to.
Anyone who heard the infamous "beach recordings" in the middle of 2004 has heard it. Vertigo originally did have a slightly different end to the middle 8. It sounds like the effect of someone pulling the power chord of a record player out of the wall because it all of a sudden slows right down, then a slight pause, then BANG back into the third chorus.

Yeah thanks, my friend and I saw that video and that's the exact version we want, but in a song, not the video. I don't know how to do that. I guess my friend will have to ask his boss where he got his version of Vertigo.

Thanks for the help, you guys!

Yeah, but I can't go to that site. It's not underlined all the way, and even when I copy and paste the whole thing, it doesn't work.

Back
Top Bottom