Vertigo Milan on Direct TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elevateandy

The Fly
I was told direct TV is offering a freeview of the Vertigo Milan show.

Is this the DVD that is a part of U218 or is it like the brooklyn bridge show that is being shown unedited? Maybe it's the full show?

Not sure - I don't own it. But the 10 DVD songs seem to fit with the 60 minutes, including possible commercial breaks.

How long does this Freeview last? Is it in HD? My family just got a new HDTV and I want to see this when I come back home from school at christmas!

I just watched it last night. I felt bad for the girl Bono pulled up on stage during AIWIY. Her pants had slid down nearly completely past her underwear, but she didn't seem aware of it. The show is playing on the four freeview channels all day over at least the next three days.

I thought the DVD was over 60 minutes? Especially since you guys said it has commercials.

They should show the whole concert...:drool:

This is the length of the audio from the DVD at lest so I read over at u2m p 3s.com's boards.

1. Vertigo 4:22
2. I Will Follow 4:12
3. Elevation 6:22
4. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For 5:39
5. All I Want Is You 5:09
6. City Of Blinding Lights 5:46
7. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own 5:22
8. Miss Sarajevo 6:42
9. Original Of The Species 5:02
10.With Or Without You 8:57

Total: 50 minutes 51 seconds

The channels are 101, 334, 580, and 800. All are the DirectTV Freeview channels. Apparently it's exactly like the Milan dvd extra. All the songs listed above were played, can't recall COBL though.

Last night I was watching my DVD of the Milan Vertigo and my husband walked in, so I told him to go ahead and turn it off and he could catch the news, as he was flipping the channels, we caught it on Direct TV 101!!! At that point it was fate that I was to watch it:wink:

There are no commercials on DirecTV Freeview, by the way. I watched it last night, and it was awesome. I thought I was pretty much over the whole Vertigo Tour thing, since the Chicago DVD left me so disappointed (in parts anyway, I enjoyed about 40% of it or so), but the Milan concert looked amazing.

Best bits:
Bono biting Edge's shoulder during Vertigo
Bono speaking Italian, especially the "Bono, Bono, sexy person" bit in Elevation, with the sexy pose.
ISHFWILF, period. That song is so amazing live.
The AIWIY girl, pants or no pants. She was so pretty.
The whole audience throwing their arms up in sync during the chorus of COBL.
Bono's opera during Miss Sarajevo, and then almost choking up toward the end.
And of course, Bono putting on the Underground shirt during With or Without You, and the whole audience still singing the "oooooooh"s even as the band left the stage.

And okay, I'll stop gushing.

Freeview repeats programs every few hours or so, for at least a week, so catching this shouldn't be too hard, just check your guide. I'll probably watch it at least one more time myself :wink:

Back
Top Bottom