'Vertigo' allegedly will be played today on Southern CA radio station - pt7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Headache in a Suitcase said:
i have them saying that they're gonna play Vertigo recorded now... so if they don't i can send it to the FCC and report them for false advertising. i rule

Headache, if this all falls through and it doesnt play, I hope you really do send it and you can put my name on the list a thousand times over. I've put lots on the backburner for this all day.

I think the Miracle Drug guitar solo is great. I want more guitar solos. There are so many guitar fans that think The Edge is shat, but I think he's the best because he understands MELODY. How many bands have albums where every song is good. Too few.

Running Tally of songs played today:

Electrical Storm (90 times)
October
I Fall Down
Out of Control
I Will Follow
Angel of Harlem
HMTMKMKM
The Fly
One
Discotheque
Beautiful Day
Elevation
Red Hill Mining Town
Running To Stand Still
40 from Under A Blood Red Sky
Desire
All Along The Watchtower
When Love Comes To Town
Wire
Gloria
Lemon
Mysterious Ways
Helter Skelter
Trying To Throw Your Arms Around The World
Sunday Bloody Sunday (live)
Luminous Times
Pride (Rattle and Hum)
Unforgettable Fire

I'm getting tired...must...get...coffee.

Anyone know what the time is in California? I couldn't be arsed to google it.

one thing i've noticed is that earlier in the day, there was no pause between songs. they actually blended into each other to the point where they were cutting each other off.

now there is a pause. does that mean that there's a DJ in the studio getting ready to play it? or do i just pay attention to the most pointless details?

I don't think when and if Vertigo is played that they won't announce it. I really do believe (total optimisim here) that someone will say "And now the song you have all been waiting to hear. The brand new single from U2 - Vertigo." and I do believe it will happen as the very last song of the night. What a way to end a marathon in my opinion.

Last edited:
of course this is still exciting - the drama, the hate, the love, the insanity!
comic the insult dog?

mikal said:
i'm not sure why i needed to post that they said "vertigo" when i knew that 10 others would, lol.

+1

We're all excited and nervous and scared and hopeful and....
Personally, my stomach is in knots and I feel like I'm going to barf. :barf: :barf: :barf:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom