Until The End Of The World vs. Stay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Miggy D

War Child
Hey guys - back for another round!

I'm going to make it clear what my vote is from the get-go: UTEOTW. It's one of my favorite U2 songs, with some of Bono's best lyrics, in my opinion. Such a dark song, too. Perfect.

But Stay is also so great. Again, pretty dark lyrics, which was one of the things I loved about this whole era. Great, unique theme too...I think it's the only time Bono's touched on domestic abuse in his songs (to my knowledge).

Both of these songs have a whole lot going for them, but everyone has a favorite, so why not let us know which one you prefer, and why!

-Migdilio

Canadiens1160 said:
Wow, enough of the constant vs. topics already....

UTEOTW

They shall go on, my Canadian friend, as long as I find the ensuing discussions worthwhile. :)

If you would like to continue responding to them, that would be awesome. If you get bored with them, c'est la vie. :wink:

-The Miggy D

Until The End Of The World.
It's the best song ever.
Stay is great, but Until The End Of The World is much more epic, it lets you explode with feeling.

imo, Stay is good too, though UTEOTW would rip it apart in any competetion song-wise.

Yet again, it would do that to most songs by anyone ever. :)

In the words of the most intelligent canine ever,

these kinds of threads are great.......................

to poop on!!!

I'm voting for Stay. That doesn't detract from UTEOTW, because it has an awesome story and a razor-sharp guitar sound, but Stay is brilliant.

Has anyone seen any of Wim Wenders' films?

UTEOTW wins because the musicianship is stronger. Stay's chorus is slightly overblown, but its verses are artistically brilliant.

This is a toughie as both songs are in my Top 10.

But I'd have to give "the edge" to UTEOTW.

Back
Top Bottom