UABRS Remaster

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
U2.com | Official News

*dances*

LIVE AT RED ROCKS AND UNDER A BLOOD RED SKY
U2’s first concert video, Live At Red Rocks, will be released on DVD next month, along with the accompanying live album, Under a Blood Red Sky.

Recorded at the Red Rocks Amphitheatre in Colorado on 5th June 1983, Live at Red Rocks will be available for the first time on DVD, and will include 5 previously unreleased songs, a director’s commentary, digitally re-graded pictures and a 5.1 mix.

The remastered Under a Blood Red Sky album was originally released in November 1983, and consists of live recordings from three shows on the band’s War Tour through Europe and America.

A deluxe version featuring the Under a Blood Red Sky CD and the Live At Red Rocks DVD will be available, as well as single disc formats of the CD and DVD. An LP version of Under a Blood Red Sky pressed on 180gm virgin vinyl will also be released.

Here's the full tracklisting:
UNDER A BLOOD RED SKY

Gloria / 11 O’Clock Tick Tock / I Will Follow / Party Girl / Sunday Bloody Sunday / The Electric Co. / New Year’s Day / “40”

LIVE AT RED ROCKS

Out Of Control / Twilight / An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart / Surrender / Two Hearts Beat As One / Seconds / Sunday Bloody Sunday / Cry/The Electric Co.
/ October / New Year’s Day / I Threw A Brick Through A Window / A Day Without Me / Gloria / Party Girl / 11 O’Clock Tick Tock / I Will Follow / “40”

Both DVD and remastered album , will be released on 29th September 2008.

This will fucking rule. :drool:

Though no I Fall Down on the DVD? Not much of a loss to me, as I'm not keen on the song, but I'm surprised it's been omitted.

Is that the full show then? Or did they play I Fall Down at Red Rocks and leave it off?

Have U2 EVER put out a full, complete, un-spliced, unadulterated concert on an official release? :lol:

Is that the full show then? Or did they play I Fall Down at Red Rocks and leave it off?

Have U2 EVER put out a full, complete, un-spliced, unadulterated cocnert on an official release? :lol:

There aren't any songs omitted on PopMart Mexico City, but, for obvious reasons, times between songs are cut.

This will fucking rule. :drool:

Though no I Fall Down on the DVD? Not much of a loss to me, as I'm not keen on the song, but I'm surprised it's been omitted.

I personally am surprised they put Threw A Brick on instead of I Fall Down.

:eyebrow: You are surprised that a song that was on the original video was put on the DVD over one that wasn't?

Oh, I forgot that Threw A Brick was on the VHS. I've never owned the VHS, so I've never seen the video, except for a few YouTube clips (although I do have UABRS and the Red Rocks bootleg).

This is excellent news, I've always been quite partial to the War tour and that directors commentary should be interesting.

:hmm:

Depending on what the packaging will be of the Deluxe Edition, I might go for just the DVD. Not really interested in an UABRS remaster (as I already have that album twice... oh wait, three times, on vinyl too).

No Bonus Audio Tracks On CD?

I'm a bit surprised there's no bonus tracks from any of the shows that make up the cd which is basically an EP. There's plenty of room on the cd for more tracks and it would be nice to have some of the other songs like Three Hearts which arguably are better versions from the other pro-recorded shows from the War tour on the cd.

Still, that's nit picking, and I'm glad to have the full home video on dvd available finally.

T.B.

DVD - Good, not great (there's much more footage from the era to add)

CD - Crap, crap on toast :angry: :doh:

The absence of a bonus audio disc does seem odd... Hopefully more info will be forthcoming. Because after the last couple reissues, we need another live version of "I Will Follow" from the early 80's don't we?

I kid! I kid because I love.

Why? It's the original album. I, for one, am glad that they keep the tracklist of the original albums. Though a bonus disc would've been nice. :)

I agree with this. Though I'd have liked to have seen the entire concert on the dvd.

from nick,

got to admit, i am disappointed, having the dvd will be great, but i was really hoping to get live versions of two hearts, seconds, into the heart and more on the cd, why not add a 2nd cd, i guess i could rip the dvd audio like i did for paris and then it shows up on itunes, maybe the same thing will happen here, complete red rocks audio on itunes a few months from now

"I Fall Down" missing = strange and disappointing

Lack of bonus tracks on the CD = MAJOR disappointment

I hope "Let's Twist Again" and "Send in the Clowns" aren't edited out.

I guess U2.com members will be getting full Red Rocks CD as re-subscribing gift this year.

I personally am surprised they put Threw A Brick on instead of I Fall Down.

Besides the point that Brick was on the original video, you'd also have to cut A Day Without Me if you cut Brick, since they segue together.

It says the DVD will include 5 previously unreleased songs, are these 5 songs that were not on the original VHS of red rocks or will it be extra promo videos, like the Gloria, I Will Follow and Two Hearts promo videos???

Can someone clarify what the difference is between the vhs red rocks setlist and the dvd setlist?? what extra songs are we getting?

Back
Top Bottom