U2's performance on Cd:UK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In response to Herco's question, i didn't hear cat deely mention that they would be playing any other songs. (i imagine they will keep the other songs in storage until they are released as singles:saves them having to go back to the studio). next time we see u2 on cd:uk is when they get to no1
:wink:

Could someone rip the audio from the 100MB torrent DVD version? It was encoded using a codec that seems to require Windows Media Center edition or something, and won't play through WMP10 normally.

So if someone can make an MP3 out of the audio feed from this DVD version, I (and I'm sure many others) would be very appreciative. The sound quality will be the best we can get :)

Last edited:
im pretty sure the guitar was live, btw here's hoping the tour will be big.

I will rip an MP3 from my own MPEG2 recording.

Although I'm in the middle of a Norton Ghost backup at the moment on the computer it's stored on so it won't be for an hour or so until I can get to it:sigh:

Alan

ZeroDude said:
im pretty sure the guitar was live, btw here's hoping the tour will be big.

Tough to tell. It seems I simultaneously still hear multiple types of guitar (or guitar effects) playing when there's only one Edge on stage. There's a portion when you can hear power chords and arpeggio at the same time, as in the studio version.

But, I'm trying to listen to these better quality mp3's to get a better hear.

Don't forget that Dallas sometimes plays the additional guitar riff here and there backstage.

I would hope not. Can you elaborate? I thought U2 prides themselves with their live performance. Now, a backing track during Streets, etc. is acceptable, but not another "live" guitar. Besides the extra guitar sound constitute of arpeggiated notes. I wouldn't think they would get someone to just do singular notes. It doesn't really add to the overall effect of just going live with the four of them.

Coldplay did something similar with Yellow where another guy was playing acoustic guitar in the sidelines. It was to get Chris free to roam around and really interact with the audience. I have mixed feelings about that.

Back
Top Bottom