U2 Wire....J

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hitman

Acrobat
Is there still a thing called U2 Wire??

Can you access the reflector version?

Does that guy J still post there with the absolute inane comments? (his comments used to be totally hilarious)

------------------
You Just Can't Get Enough Of That Lovey Dovey Stuff...

Actually there are now two Wires. Many folks post to, or at least read both of them. They're both on Yahoo Groups right now. Appallingly J posts to both of them but not nearly so frequently as he did in the past thankfully.
The two Wires are u2-list which is the original list that you were probably a part of. It is run by Joel Gartholamew. This is the list that has been around since 1992. The original Wire.
Most of the folks who used to be part of that list are now members of Wire-U2. Wire-U2 is run by our very own Elvis. Joel G made the mistake of heavy handedly moderating Wire and then letting the list stay down for about two weeks so a lot of us jumped ship to Elvis' Wire.
Either way Wire lives on. Of course Wire often sucks but that's just part of the charm. Viva Wire!!
Oh, and yes the messages are archived for both lists. Go to Yahoo Groups at Yahoo.com and do a search on the group names.

MP

[This message has been edited by Matthew_Page2000 (edited 10-05-2001).]

I do think J made wire into a very exciting place in the past. I don't know what's going on right now since I've changed mine to browse only...

There's also a Rewired on there isn't there? What are the names of each of them? J just recently did a post about U2 doing the same songs over and over live, like Bullet the Blue Sky, and they should do some new ones instead. Remember about a year ago he said he was leaving and not coming back, but he did.

Originally posted by Nick Carter's Angel:
There's also a Rewired on there isn't there? What are the names of each of them? J just recently did a post about U2 doing the same songs over and over live, like Bullet the Blue Sky, and they should do some new ones instead. Remember about a year ago he said he was leaving and not coming back, but he did.

In my "Ciao John" persona (which really isn't that different from "DoctorWho," although I think "Ciao John" brought out a slightly more direct side of my personality), I would have discussions with J. J did raise a lot of good points, but I often felt he raised some points for the pure sake of arguing. Often he would write the most disparaging things about U2, but end with a "I still love U2" type of comment. This contradiction in his posts is what annoyed me the most. Furthermore, he would often change his stance on topics - topics that he originally posted. As such, I stopped arguing with him and rarely read any version of WIRE.

Here's the link to U2 Wire....

http://u2wire.com/

From there you can register for the list and read the archives.

BTW, I understand the moderators at this list do an excellent job.

------------------
VIVA LAS VEGAS!

DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS!

Thanks for spending your hard earned cash on a rock show. ~ Bono, Houston, 4-2-01

Back
Top Bottom