U2 looking old?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Desire4Bono said:

That's true too! U2Freak, why does it bug you if people want to look the way they want and not the way YOU feel they should settle for? I have often felt that people who resented famous people for upgrading their looks must have low self esteem and be jealous themselves. Like, I can't look like that so I want everyone else to accept themselves the way they are so I can feel better about myself too! But that's not reality. Not saying that is what U2freak her/himself thinks, I am no mind reader. Just a general observation overall. BTW, I am no beauty queen and have never done anything to change my looks by artificial means, that's just how I feel.

:huh: Um, I thought I was the one of us who was defending the right to be yourself. Don't twist this around now. I don't believe that getting boob jobs, lipo suctions and whatnot expresses who you really are. And this is certainly NOT jelousy speaking. I'm just not that interested in myself to care about all that stuff. I don't live in that kind of world.

But if some people feel that 'being yourself' is keeping their youthful appearance, that IS being themself! Being yourself is what each person wants it to be and we do need to stop evalutating and judging others' decisions. Like I posted before, you're really screwed either way. If you are old trying to look younger, you get 'snickered' at as BAW said, but if you are old and still look old you will still be laughed at, look at those old fucks. Remember this thread started with someone saying how old the band looked. So, since we do lose either way, we might as well do what WE want, unless we are stars, then we have to do what the public expects if we want to keep getting paid as OTS said. :crazy: Over and out!

I guess this is one of those issues people will never see eye to eye on :shrug:

I hate arguing with people I like so I'm gonna make this my last post on the subject :)

Desire4Bono said:

That's true too! U2Freak, why does it bug you if people want to look the way they want and not the way YOU feel they should settle for?

Why does it bug you if Bono lets his hair go grey and cuts it short, instead of growing it long the way you feel he should? It goes either way.
Bottom line is, it's their (U2's or anyone else's) looks to do with as they please.
my second and last post in this thread...

martha said:
You know, I'm 41, and some days I look old and tired, because I feel old and tired. Other days I look so fuckin' good! The difference is that no one is around to take pictures of me on either day. I have gray in my hair and I wear it proudly, a badge of my experience. Plus, it looks sexy on me! It does, and some of you know it!

I would absolutely LOVE it if Bono had the guts to stop dying his hair. He would look even more hot! But he looks good now, so it's okay either way.

And yes, joyful girl is an oldster and is gorgeous. I've seen her; I know! :yes:

Damn, that was way better than what I was fishin' for. :sexywink:

martha's a hottie. :love:

And some of you people who are upset about what 40 looks like are in for a rough ride...

Bono's American Wife said:

I live in a fairly affluent area where the women (and men) in my peer group talk constantly about lipo, Botox, face lifts, hair plugs, etc. Looking young is an obsession to them.

Botox.

:crack: :crack: :crack:

david said:

What can you do? You can't deny time. I'd rather my rock heroes grow old naturally instead of looking like fools by shooting their faces with botox and having their hair up in corn rows. Oops, sorry Axl Rose.

:crazy: :lmao:

As for why Anthony Kiedis looks 'better' or 'younger' than Bono ... it's in the genes, people. Anthony is part Native American and has dark skin. Dark skin has more melanin, providing more UV ray protection. The fairer the skin, the more vulnerable to UV rays, which accounts for 90% of visible signs of aging (or so I read).

joyfulgirl said:
As for why Anthony Kiedis looks 'better' or 'younger' than Bono ... it's in the genes, people. Anthony is part Native American and has dark skin. Dark skin has more melanin, providing more UV ray protection. The fairer the skin, the more vulnerable to UV rays, which accounts for 90% of visible signs of aging (or so I read).

and...Anthony Kiedis is a yoga practicing vegan...unlike our Bono who likes good (as in bad for you) food, good wine and doesn't really seem like the type who practices any type of stress reduction. And don't forget, he smoked (probably still does) and that ages the skin.

DOH! I posted in here again :mad:

and...Anthony Kiedis is a yoga practicing vegan...unlike our Bono who likes good (as in bad for you) food, good wine and doesn't really seem like the type who practices any type of stress reduction. And don't forget, he smoked (probably still does) and that ages the skin.

DOH! I posted in here again :mad:

yeah, I had a whole paragraph about that too and deleted it because ... because... because I hate this thread! :mad: BAW, let's run away from the train wreck!

Maybe NOW, but I've seen his Behind the Music. He was a drug addict and a drunk for years. His best friend died of a herion overdose. That takes more of a toll on you than eating "bad" for you food? I'm guilty of eating "bad for you" food. I like what my Grandfather said when the doctor told him to stop eating eggs and bacon and butter. He said if he couldn't eat what he wanted, he'd just as soon die anyway. He did, but it took him many years of good "bad" eating he enjoyed very much!

I love Bono. I think he's hot. :D

(Dec. 2002)
336693%3A723232%7Ffp6%3B%3Dot%3E2326%3D933%3D72%3A%3Dxroqdf%3E2323359573%3A%3B3ot1lsi

He's so hot, he has to cover the camera so it won't catch fire :combust:
See that? Edge is backin away...

I'm going back to PLEBA now...... :wave:

Last edited:
I think U2 are aging gracefully. I thought Bono and Edge looked great at the Golden Globes. I don't give a :censored: what the Beverly Hills Fashion Idiot Squad said. They're ridiculous.:madspit: :censored: :censored:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
I love Bono. I think he's hot. :D

(Dec. 2002)
336693%3A723232%7Ffp6%3B%3Dot%3E2326%3D933%3D72%3A%3Dxroqdf%3E2323359573%3A%3B3ot1lsi

He's so hot, he has to cover the camera so it won't catch fire :combust:
See that? Edge is backin away...

I'm going back to PLEBA now...... :wave:

LMAO!! He IS hot! And I want to reach out, and touch the flame:combust:

touch.jpg

U2Kitten said:

Maybe NOW, but I've seen his Behind the Music. He was a drug addict and a drunk for years. His best friend died of a herion overdose. That takes more of a toll on you than eating "bad" for you food? I'm guilty of eating "bad for you" food.

Anthony's been clean & sober for years. The body can take quite a bit of abuse in one's youth and you actually can reverse the damage of hard-living to a certain extent by changing your lifestyle the way Anthony has. Bono could do it if he wanted to!

(But I still think Bono looks great and I still hate this thread. :mad:).

martha said:

I don't think you meant it this way, but joyful girl and I don't need to be salvaged. Neither does Bono. Neither does Rene Russo. Neither does anyone else who is over 40 and happy with the way they look.

I didn't even mean Bono, I was talking about movie stars. If you read my whole post you'd see I said it's great you are still gorgeous but not everyone is so lucky! :yes:

What I meant is that 40 or even 50 is NOT old and some people might need a little touching up, like hair dye, but still look young and should be allowed to. It is much too young for anyone to be saying they need to 'age gracefully' or 'accept their youth is gone' and such comments made here. I am 33 years old, pushing it myself, and can tell from people I know and see every day that this is true. I think as some people who have posted here get a bit further on in years they will see how ridiculous all of this really was and laugh.

some pics makes both bono and adam look old. edge just looks a bit older not much and larry looks older but no where near his 41 years. unfortunately they don't make 40 year olds like that where i live. :lol:

i really like adam with grey hair. it actually suits him in a way.

i don't think edge should dye his goatee. It's fine the way it is.

larry looks great as always.

bono should cut his hair a bit on the top. i don't think he should go popmart short. just BD vid short. i think it would suit him a bit better. i also think he should keep it black. i can't imagine him grey at all.

Last edited:
Sweet tart I don't agree with you on Bono. That BD hairdo was too thin on top. As soon as I saw it I thought how much better he'd look if he had more hair on top. He looks much better now. I like his hair combed down and back. It reminds me of MacPhisto and I love MacPhisto! They all look good just the way they are. I'm happy with their looks but I do hope Adam will not stay grey. It's not because I care it's because I get tired of people saying the band is old, and him looking old only adds to that. These guys are not that old so but this thread sure is LMAO!

Tabby said:
Sweet tart I don't agree with you on Bono. That BD hairdo was too thin on top. As soon as I saw it I thought how much better he'd look if he had more hair on top. He looks much better now.

When I saw him last month, I was surprised by how much his hair has thinned, especially on top and in the back. We've even got the pics to prove it. Of course, I don't care at ALL, but I'm sure there are those of you that would. Anyway, it's not like you can really do anything about thinning hair, it just happens sooner or later :shrug:

ANYWAY, just look at it this way....

It could be worse.....

3366958723232%7Ffp6%3A%3Dot%3E2326%3D933%3D72%3A%3Dxroqdf%3E232336%3A%3B5%3C743ot1lsi

I doubt any of you have ever had to learn to love and accept something like this!

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
When I saw him last month, I was surprised by how much his hair has thinned, especially on top and in the back. We've even got the pics to prove it.

I'll vouch for that, the way he wears his hair now doesn't do much for covering...

Back
Top Bottom