u2 is too much American directed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TheFlyOnTheWall said:

I'm not saying you didn't. But we weren't having fun 'til then, either. There were more wars than just WWII, you know.

Well, being as how we're only about 225 years old might have a little sway on how many wars we've been able to fight in.

Let it be known that I love everyone. I mean it. I love. But when someone who's not American starts bashing my county, I get my pride up. Its like having a little brother. I can pick on him, but if anyone else tries to, you'd better watch out.

POP-ROMANCER said:
I think a lot of you (especially americans) won't agree with me but I think u2 is too much america directed. I think they do a lot more for america than for the rest of the world (for example europe, where they come from). I know America is a big market $$$.
1. The last tours, all of them kicked off in America. Why won't they start a tour in Europe and then go to america. Also America have 2 legs, the first and the second.

2. On the u2.com site all prices are in $ and not in euro's or pounds, while ireland have got the euro.

3. Luckily on this album they haven't got a song fr4om an american city. Pop had Miami and ATYCLB New York. Why? For tyhe americans? I think...

4. I wasn't surprised when they chose New York for the shoot of ABOY video on the truck. But why wasn't this in Paris or London or Amsterdam?

Are u2 afraid of losing fans in America? Or is it for the money?

great questions. u2 knows where the money is, and we all know they're all about that these days.

The_One1932 said:

Well, being as how we're only about 225 years old might have a little sway on how many wars we've been able to fight in.

Don't worry. Maybe from the Boston "tea-party" you hadn't much wars in your country. But you've been saving (too) many countries all around the world. And good work for defending the world from the poor Iraqui people (but we're not in the right forum to discuss that).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom