U2 in Chicago - 2 very different shows

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salomeU2000

The Fly
Was it just me or did anyone else who made it to both shows, notice the MAJOR difference between Monday's show and Tuesday's show!?!
Not that we would be bias (u know being u2 fans and all) but Monday's show seemed a bit "down". As if they really weren't into it. And not just them, but all the fans also.
Now Tuesday's show was electrifying... and I don't say that because of the mis-hap with Garbage and Edge's guitar; but the energy level was most definitely high!

------------------
...and may your dreams be realized...

I was at both shows in the heart and yes while they were very different, I actually thought Monday's was better. (P.S. Probably because I was with my wife the first night and they played our "first dance" song..."Bad"!) Don't get me wrong, last night rocked, but with the subtle differences in the play list, I think it makes for a completely different experience!

Monday was more emotional while last night was more of a relief!

To quote Perry Farrell..."Thank you boys!"

Saw them both, loved them both, thought the first night was better overall. Especially the first 10 songs - just blistering - Bono was SO intense. And I thought the crowd, while awesome both nights, was slightly better night 1. But of course it's very subjective. And as Bono says, it is truly a great thing for U2 to be in Chicago. Every single time.

I was at both shows and, I must say, they were both incredible. They were indeed different, but I wouldn't say one was better than the other. Well, maybe I'd say Tuesday's was better, but that opinion is not at all colored by the fact that I was standing right in front of Adam at that show
wink.gif

By the way, who wants to make Bono make good on his promise to move to Chicago and play here every Monday? And can't Adam be *my* bodyguard?
wink.gif

------------------
"I buy socks."
-Adam, when asked what he does with the money he would have spent on drink.

"The babes, the feast, and the toga conspire to give Adam the bearing of a Caesar (one of the late, inbred, lunatic Caesars, perhaps, but a Caesar nonetheless.)"
-Bill Flanagan, at an after-concert soiree with the band and Co.

"He's not great at the old driving."
-Larry, on Bono

I was at both shows in the heart. I thought both were great but I agree with Salome that the 2nd night was better. They seemed to be a bit more into it. Plus, I liked the setlist a little better.

The mishap with the guitars was this. One of the guitarists from Garbage was having problems with his rig. It actually started smoking and sparking at one point. U2's techs Dallas and Sam came running out to help the Garbage techs. Edge had a problem with his guitar right before Stay last night. Dallas came running out to the heart tip and switched guitars for him.

Originally posted by Hallelujah Here She Comes:
By the way, who wants to make Bono make good on his promise to move to Chicago and play here every Monday? And can't Adam be *my* bodyguard?
wink.gif

LOL! It was great when Adam told Bono that he (Adam) he could be Larry's bodyguard! And I'd love it if Bono opened his day care- I'd have kids just so I could take them there!
biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom