U2 Fans - Help decide

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rafiennes

Refugee
This is probably in the wrong forum and will be moved but since I spend 99% of my Interference time here I'll post it anyways.

My band and I will be having our first major gig in NYC on March 17th. Now from what I've been told there's some sort of little Irish thing on that day, some sort of a festival that involves drinking or something like that. And green. Something about wearing green, I don't know, I don't really follow current events.

Anyways, we were thinking that since it was an Irish Kind of Day that we'd do a U2 song. We don't want to be obvious with our choice, so songs like Sunday Bloody Sunday are out. I'm personally leaning more towards the Elevation version of The Fly.

Any suggestions?

And also, if you're in NYC and interested in coming to the gig, let me know. I can post more info if allowed. The more people the better!

Thanks!

Rafiennes said:
This is probably in the wrong forum and will be moved but since I spend 99% of my Interference time here I'll post it anyways.

My band and I will be having our first major gig in NYC on March 17th. Now from what I've been told there's some sort of little Irish thing on that day, some sort of a festival that involves drinking or something like that. And green. Something about wearing green, I don't know, I don't really follow current events.

Anyways, we were thinking that since it was an Irish Kind of Day that we'd do a U2 song. We don't want to be obvious with our choice, so songs like Sunday Bloody Sunday are out. I'm personally leaning more towards the Elevation version of The Fly.

Any suggestions?

And also, if you're in NYC and interested in coming to the gig, let me know. I can post more info if allowed. The more people the better!

Thanks!

That is funny. I live in NYC. If I can I will come see you. I have friends that do U2 songs in their set. They do One and Running To Stand Still.

Suggestions. Something old that die hard fans would know. Something like Red Hill Mining Town. or Sort of Home Coming. I once did With or Without you in Karoke. I can go on, but I don't know your taste. I find the rarer ones go over well with fans. Stuff that U2 has stopped doing.

Good luck and have fun. St pats day in NYC. GOD, the parade is out there. I work in the city so I run into the *drunks*. I have been asked out a few times by people just haning out having fun.

Where are you playing? there are a ton of Irish Bars here.

Out of Control would be a good, non-obvious one, i think.

Or Electric Co. 11 O'Clock Tick Tock. Something die hard fans would know, like ultraviolet said.

Zoo Station? The Fly Boston is a great choice.

Party Girl is always fun.

Whatever you do, start the song by singing the Irish Drinking Song that Larry sang on the ZooTV tour :D.

Re: Re: U2 Fans - Help decide

ultraviolet221 said:

That is funny. I live in NYC. If I can I will come see you. I have friends that do U2 songs in their set. They do One and Running To Stand Still.

Suggestions. Something old that die hard fans would know. Something like Red Hill Mining Town. or Sort of Home Coming. I once did With or Without you in Karoke. I can go on, but I don't know your taste. I find the rarer ones go over well with fans. Stuff that U2 has stopped doing.

Good luck and have fun. St pats day in NYC. GOD, the parade is out there. I work in the city so I run into the *drunks*. I have been asked out a few times by people just haning out having fun.

Where are you playing? there are a ton of Irish Bars here.

We'll be playing at The Bitter End (147 Bleecker Street - between Thompson and LaGuardia) on March 17th, 9:30 pm. $5 cover. The name of the band is ECHO.

We're gonna do 8 originals and the 1 U2 song. This is a really big deal for us and we're so excited about. I invite as many people as possible to come see it.

And yes, I will be shamelessly plugging this gig until it's over.

discothequeLP said:
Out of Control would be a good, non-obvious one, i think.

Or Electric Co. 11 O'Clock Tick Tock. Something die hard fans would know, like ultraviolet said.

Zoo Station? The Fly Boston is a great choice.

Party Girl is always fun.

Whatever you do, start the song by singing the Irish Drinking Song that Larry sang on the ZooTV tour :D.

Out Of Control was very close to making it but one my songs was heavily inspired by it so we want to disguise that fact the best that we can!

We definitely want something the fans can sing along to without being one of the "VH1 choices" if that makes any sense.

We have a great way we're going to start the song (whichever one it is) and go into but I do like the drinking song idea.

11 O'clock Tick Tock would be awesome, but of course I'd say that. Other suggestions I have are: The Electric Co., Surrender, A Sort Of Homecoming, One Tree Hill, Hawkmoon 269, Acrobat, and Gone. If it was me performing, I'd have a hard time choosing between 11 O'clock Tick Tock and Gone.

Rafiennes said:

So you knowingly violate forum rules? Most people who post in the wrong forums do so unwittingly and then their posts get moved. You, on the other hand, know it will be moved and post in this forum nevertheless for your own convenience. I suggest your play the Frank Sinatra song "My Way". After all, U2 love Sinatra and you love doing things your way.

Cheers,

J

Re: Re: U2 Fans - Help decide

jick said:

So you knowingly violate forum rules? Most people who post in the wrong forums do so unwittingly and then their posts get moved. You, on the other hand, know it will be moved and post in this forum nevertheless for your own convenience. I suggest your play the Frank Sinatra song "My Way". After all, U2 love Sinatra and you love doing things your way.

Cheers,

J

Guilty as charged...will I be spanked now?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom