Tryin to Throw Your Arms Around The World (Zoo Europa bootleg)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

follower

Refugee
How beautiful is that? A typical best-when-played-live U2 song, don?t you think? It?s my new passion, I must have played it dozens of times yesterday. I don?t go to a concerts more often, so I keep on rediscovering the live performances I have. That one is so nice and tender...Edge?s guitar gets me, everytime I listen to it, perfect. It?s the only live performance I have of Tryin To Throw. I wish the song were on the Sydney video, I know it was cut off. I have some bits of a live performance of Tryin to Throw, don?t know where is it from, I taped it from MTV. I love the images of Bono and Edge with a girl on stage, a handycam and some champagne, really nice.
wink.gif

Thoughts?

------------------
Seu pa?s ? lindo. Seu povo ? lindo. Suas vozes s?o lindas. N?o esqueceremos voc?s. - Bono - S?o Paulo - 01/31/1998

Yeah.. I never cared too much for the album version (and by too much I mean I liked it good enough, it was just my least fav song on the amazong album) but live it is just absolutely fantabulous!! which greatens the shame that they cut it out of the Zoo Sidney vid.

Have you read the U2 at the end of the world book? it actully specifically mentions that performance of tttyaatw because Naomi Campbell.. then engaged to Adam got on stage during it.. hence the humming of that song at the beginning of angel of harlem and the "oh yeah naomi baby" and "and a woman needs a man like clayton needs a handicam, trying to throw his bass around the world"

Yes - it's awesome. Thanks, I just started listening to it again! Lol....there goes my Bio. Anyways, great quality I love it dearly...what happened ZOOTV?
frown.gif
....heh.

Actually I have the book SkeeK, but I read it a couple of years ago, I must confess I don?t remember that part especifically, I?m getting old, you know, memory fails, LOL
Besides that I only got the Zoo Europa bootleg a few time ago. Well, it?s allways good to re-read a book like Flanagan?s At The End of the World, that?s what I?m gonna do ASAP.

What amazes me in that performance is the perfect combination of guitar and bass, the first so gentle and tender, the second so warm. Sorry if it sounds weird but those are the best adjectives I could find to convey what I feel when I hear this version of TTTYAATW.

Another good example of a song that is much better when played live is Dirty Day. I?m crazy about the Sydney video performance.

Do you recommend another performance of Tryin to Throw...SkeeK? I accept mp3s as a present
biggrin.gif
grace@u2cover.com

and baker, your pictures are awesome
smile.gif

------------------
Seu pa?s ? lindo. Seu povo ? lindo. Suas vozes s?o lindas. N?o esqueceremos voc?s. - Bono - S?o Paulo - 01/31/1998

As far as another performance, I'm not sure. Zoo Europa sums it up pretty well. Although you might want to hear the version from Sidney just so you can know what you're missing in the video that they released commercially. *fume*

Hey Follower - thanks! (muchas gracias)
smile.gif

It menas a lot to me to get 30 responses for a pictures thread, sometimes people don't appreciate pics enough so that is very cool.

Anyways, I agree with you, never liked the album version of "dirty day" btoo much but on the video it's very cool. And I can't stop listening to TTTYAATW...that version is perfect, I know what you mean. I love from 2:00 to around 2:15, it's amazing combination of everything. U2 at their best.

E-mail skeek for other versions, he is God when it comes to this!

baker, Dirty Day is one of the highlights in the video from Sydney, I always rewind that song more than once to see it again and again...and I bet TTTYAATW would be great also.
btw, one of your awesome pics, the one of Bono pretty close, is now in the opening page of u2guatemala.com, go check it out.

And SkeeK dear, you got mail.
wink.gif

------------------

Back
Top Bottom