time for a 5.1 mix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jphelmet

Refugee
Has anyone ever heard any pland for U2 to a 5.1 surround mix for any albums? With Edge's apparent love for technology doesn't this make sense? I would think achtung baby would be the logicl pick for the first one to do.

DVD-A is great! I have Fleetwood Mac's Rumours in that format sounds amazing through the surround sound system! and there is still room on the disc for a normal stereo version and the format karaoke djs use, can't remember what its called, this is something I'm waiting for U2 to do! C'mon release the back catolgue now! Drooling at the thought of AB, Joshua Tree would have to be the next!

This would be great in SCAD or DVD-A since they play in regular CD players too. They just a came out with DVD-A that has the regular CD on one side and the DVD-A on the other. Maybe when they remaster we will get this. I'd even settle for just a stereo version.

I had someone rip the DTS audio track from the Go Home DVD and burn it onto a DVD-Audio disc. My car has DVD-A surround at it sounds incredible.

i still go back and listen to all i want is you on the end credits of rattle and hum, it is mixed in 5.1 and sounds aamazing. it is the only studio song i know that they have mixed in 5.1.

one of the first questions that was asked in the good morning thread (by me) was if popmart was going to come to dvd and if previous albums would be remixed into 5.1 (like REM did), and edge said in the future there will be remixes and remasters of previous material, but not right now! when he responded to my question (in the first post on the good evening thread)

jphelmet said:
i still go back and listen to all i want is you on the end credits of rattle and hum, it is mixed in 5.1 and sounds aamazing. it is the only studio song i know that they have mixed in 5.1.

by that logic, could the same thing not be done with the hands that built america?

i would guess so.
now come to think of it, in god's country is in 5.1 at the end of three kings.

so i guess that makes three studio versions in 5.1

i dont think u2 go home's 5.1 mix is *that* impressive, its good, but it doesn't make a huge difference over stereo.. rattle and hum on the other hand.. it really makes you feel like you're there.. theres a lot more separation between the channels.. sometimes its bad but i think its done very will in r&h

Back
Top Bottom