Those odd U2 moments...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

david

ONE love, blood, life
I'm driving, it's a hot summer day, all the windows in my car are rolled down (ac is ont he fritz) I'm surfing through radio stations wishing I'd hear a U2 song. Low and behold I land on a station playing a U2 song, not only is it a U2 song, it's one I haven't heard on the radio in a while. It's Bad from Wideawake In America..

I get to my destination and so I sit in the car to let the song finish.. I turn off my car and then look up through my windshield and I see an address painted on the side of this building and the first letter and number of the address is "U2"

I laugh and think to myself "What an odd U2 moment."

Anyone else have moments like these?

was the station 94.9 by any chance? I live in So Cal too and I've heard that station play that song several times along with other U2 ones that I've never heard on the radio before

:heart: 94.9

How cool... I heard Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) on the radio yesterday... that was really odd...

Yesterday? Really? Cool!

Literally half the time I turn on the radio in the car, a U2 song is either beginning or will begin in a few minutes. This morning it was Streets. I almost changed the station while the DJ was talking, but then I realized what the organs she was talking over were.

I was walking past an outdoor cafe with a friend today, and "pride" was playing so ofcourse I stopped 'till the song finished (the waiter was about to come over and ask me to order). My friend (a stranger to my U2 craze!!) had this look on his face, as to say wtf? to which I suddenly said....oh that's my song....

"which song is that?"
"Pride....a U2 song"
"oh I like U2. never heard that one before though" (so much for being a fan!!!!)
"really?"
"ya, that album of them couple of yrs ago was a happy tune, what was it....elevation.... or something?"

Happy tune?....who says that anymore, or ever..:| me and my "friends" :reject:

bonosgirl84 said:
i enjoy telling people to have a nice day so i can hear them say "U2"

:yes: I always get a goofy grin on my face whenever I tell customers at my store to have a good night and they say "You too."

Yesterday, I was reading an article about U2 online and "Sweetest Thing" came on the radio. They haven't been playing any U2 songs lately so it was one of those "whoa..." moments.

ILuvLarryMullen said:
was the station 94.9 by any chance? I live in So Cal too and I've heard that station play that song several times along with other U2 ones that I've never heard on the radio before

:heart: 94.9

It was 95.5 KLOS.

That happens to me a lot. I was in the car with my sister not too long ago and she flipped out and begged me to turn off U2 and just turn on the radio. I said "ok and just so you know, the first station we will turn it to will be playing a U2 song."

She asked me how I knew that. I told her I just sensed it. Guess what? U2 was on the radio when I turned the CD off. WOWY. The look on her face was priceless. I turned the CD player back on after that. :yes:

:lol: Wow, that's really cool.... why can't that ever happen to me when I'm trying to prove a point?

Coincidentally the model toothbrush I use is Reach U2.

Also, I've been in gate U2 at several airports.

:eyebrow:

Yesterday after posting this I was telling my girlfriend my U2 moment story, and right in the middle of it a U2 song came on the radio.

Creeeeeepy.

Another cool one-last night my mom was getting ready to watch the "50 Greatest Teen Idols" thing, and she turned it there about five minutes before the show started, and they were just finishing up an "I Love The 80's" show. It was the 1987 one. So I got to see the segment on The Joshua Tree.

Angela

I also caught the end of I Love the 80's/87 last night. Just came in from work and was thinking I haven't seen U2 all week, (except on inteference)and the first thing I see was Bono walking towards me very quickly, :heart: :happy: good timing. roommate thought it a bit erieeee... I just think they know when we need them.:love:

Last edited:
bonosgirl84 said:
i enjoy telling people to have a nice day so i can hear them say "U2"

Today I was at the Burger King drive-thru, and after I got my food, I said "Have a nice day" to the guy working, and seriously the second after he said "You too," "One" came on the radio :eek:

I was with my girlfriend today and were just strolling hand and hand at an outdoor shopping mall and were just talking about us, like our relationship and stuff were being silly and stuff you know "That silly stuff you do when you're in love" and we walk into a store hand ( I think it was a 99 cent store ) and they had their sound system blaring and the song playing as we walked in was "With or Without You" so it really added to the already cheesy "love" moment we had going on.

Yeah.

I once heard October live

and about 5 months ago, a radiostation played In a little while or mofo at sunday at 12

On the radio, around St. Patrick's day someone called and asked for an Irish FOLK song..... so....they played "Two Hearts Beat as One".

"Two heart" a folk song? really?:shrug:

Whenever my friends and I go out, a U2 song will almost always be played within the first 20 minutes we're there. They think I call ahead or something.

Also, one time I was driving to work and started singing HMTMKMKM to myself. I turned on the radio and found that not only was the song on the radio, but it was at the exact same part that I stopped singing.

Nobody ever believes me when I tell that story but it's the truth.

I had the greatest U2 moment the other day.....I am in Africa right now, I've been taking a photojournalism course through the study abroad program at my school and I am here for one more week...anyway...we had gone on a trip outside the city we are staying in and on the way back we were driving really fast across the countryside in a big vehicle with all the windows down...I picked up my cd player not knowing what cd was in there, pressed play and heard streets come blaring through the earphones....it was just PERFECT!! I went on to listen to the rest of the Joshua Tree cd and was amazed to see how relevant it became once again ( It had been a long time since I had listened to it). The scenary and the moment just fit perfectly to the songs on that cd!!! It brought a smile to my face and made me feel great after a long and stressful trip!

Back
Top Bottom