The U2 song you just listened to.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrBrau1

ONE love, blood, life
Describe it, but do it w/o out mentioning specific lyrics that'll give the song away. I wanna hear what you hear, but not immediatly know what song it is.

Like this:

"Trademark chiming guitars are joined by soaring vocal harmonies. Then a steady piano/bassline and drumbeat kick in. Descending chords lead to an explosion of a chorus. Layered falsettos sing a pop song for the ages. Strings and electric guitars join the fray. It repeats again into a wide open vocal bridge, with a Harrisonesque guitar phrase repeated over and over. Back into the chorus, but this time with a vocal counter melody, until it all wraps up nicely as it began, with a chiming guitar and a bass line."

I know this is kinda "gamey", which I despise, but it might be kinda cool to hear what other people hear and not know what song it is.

Window In The Skies??? This game is hard

Here's mine, should be easy...

"Bass riff and drums kick off at quite a pace, joined by a soothing but driving piano piece, which slowly and almost violent changes into a screaming guitar. Back to piano, bass and drums as the vocals enter for the verse"

Should be enough I think.

Neat idea, if a little difficult.
~A.j.~

You'r both right...

Screwtape2 is listening to Streets I believe...

The last song i listened to was still NYD, so i have nothing new to contribute...

~A.j.~

Is that With or Without You, Screwtape?

"A rousing cover version romp that kicks off with an enthusiastic "One Two Three Four!" from the drummer, and the Nobel Prize nominee singer singing about doing harm to a naughty child with cheerful glee."

:wink:

Ding ding ding! I love that song; it cracks me up.

Beat on the brat
Beat on the brat
Beat on the brat with a baseball bat
OH YEAH!!!

Wild guitar decay and a violin work in tandem as a tamborine keeps beat. Drums begin to pound as the verse takes shape. A yearning vocal is joined by drums into a soaring, almost ceiiling scraping chorus. Back to the verse while the feedback continues in the left, now chords are in the right, through another chorus into spiraling bridge that culminates in a vocal crescendo that flows out into a chorus outro.

coolian2 said:
A stunning opening guitar riff, a song that tears along like a runaway freight train with a chiming guitar in the chorus that belies that totally different opening.

Woo wooo.

Zoo Station?

I was gonna try that one. The guitar pattern is so strange, not in how it sounds, but the pattern it plays. It's a rhythm piece.

Excellent thread idea :up:

A somber, piano driven melody with a biblical twist, which rises to an emotional crescendo, before ending softly with a triple repetition of the song title.

I would have just said October, but the other day for the first time in some time i was listening to the album version of The First Time and was loving the piano.

I just realised the pun there...ew.

I'd contribute but i'm not listening to anything now.

craigp said:
well i will then lol

heavy drumbeat starts, then adams bass kicks in. edge starts with a sinister slide guitar part. bono makes his appearance with his politically inspiried lyrics

Bullet the Blue Sky?

OK - Hammond organ introduction, then timpani. Vocals start low, and build to an almost screaming crescendo. Calmer at the end, with female backing singers. Hammond organ and timpani reappear at the very end of the song.

SallyA said:

Bullet the Blue Sky?

OK - Hammond organ introduction, then timpani. Vocals start low, and build to an almost screaming crescendo. Calmer at the end, with female backing singers. Hammond organ and timpani reappear at the very end of the song.

Sounds like Hawkmoon maybe?

Here we go~A very young Bono opens with powerful vocals that build into the chorus, where the Edge does a good job in singing backing vocals. The songs evolves into one of Edge's longest and maybe even one of his best solos that lasts for over a minute. The song comes to an end after one final chorus.

SleepyDeadMan said:

Here we go~A very young Bono opens with powerful vocals that build into the chorus, where the Edge does a good job in singing backing vocals. The songs evolves into one of Edge's longest and maybe even one of his best solos that lasts for over a minute. The song comes to an end after one final chorus.

it was bullet from r&h

is that the electric co? :huh:

A stunning intro of drums and bass, Edge building, building into the ultimate cresendo while Bono bows, screams and begs. Music ends - Bono finishes the lyrics of a song that makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up.

Good thread, Brau! :up:

sue4u2, I'm not sure what song you're talking about. It's a toughie!

Here's mine...

It starts with LOUD drums that almost sound like war is coming to town and what (I think) is a foreboding organ in the background until it explodes right into the chorus with the young and angry Bono showing his frustration at the situation in question. He wants to do something about it but people around him make it harder to come to a solution. As the song rages on, the drums are strong throughout until the very end!

Zootlesque said:
Good thread, Brau! :up:

sue4u2, I'm not sure what song you're talking about. It's a toughie!

Here's mine...

It starts with LOUD drums that almost sound like war is coming to town and what (I think) is a foreboding organ in the background until it explodes right into the chorus with the young and angry Bono showing his frustration at the situation in question. He wants to do something about it but people around him make it harder to come to a solution. As the song rages on, the drums are strong throughout until the very end!

it sounds like a song from the war album (not "like a song.." from war lol) , it is sunday bloody sunday

SleepyDeadMan said:

Street Mission

And my guess is not a joke, that guitar solo is amazing

sue4u2 said:
A stunning intro of drums and bass, Edge building, building into the ultimate cresendo while Bono bows, screams and begs. Music ends - Bono finishes the lyrics of a song that makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up.

And I'm pretty sure this one is Please

Last edited:
craigp said:
it sounds like a song from the war album (not "like a song.." from war lol) , it is sunday bloody sunday

It's actually Like A Song! :wink: That's why I said organ (I think) at the beginning.

Back
Top Bottom