The corrected Bono/Larry quote (more, and it's better than what i originally wrote)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
(a bit different, this is actually what they were talking about. I started a new thread because i'm trying to get this across to as many people as possible.
please, delete the other thread so we don't have 2 posts about the same thing. thanks)

BONO: Megalomania set in at an early age.*smiles* (talking about the big tours of the 90's)

I don't think i'm a particularly good celebrity. I don't think that my life is the kind of life you would normally read about in a "Hello" magazine.

Fame is ...
*a censure bleep is heard, i'm not sure what he said*

I think fame is a bit silly, actuallly it's stupid - to have people like Larry or myself - rock stars, movie stars turned into heroes and made out to be important.

LARRY: It's really hard when Bono's -
BONO: (he's concentrating on what Larry has to say, bowing his head, yet at this point he raises his head and his face lights up and he smiles)
It's hard being Bono...*chuckles*
LARRY: It's hard being Bono *smiles* because Bono is the singer and he gets the attention, he goes to a dinner - the whole thing gets mixed up between whether he's a celebrity, or he is in a band, or if it's his work for the Jubilee stuff - it all gets mixed up in one part.

BONO: *a cell phone is heard, ringing quietly* I don't want those things that people do when they leave their phone on when they're doing an interview. I never thought that would happen to me.

*Bono gets a embarassed expression,
reaches inside his jacket and indeed, it's his cell phone. he answers the phone*

Hello?

*Bono looks at the camera and says - "it's the pope" and laughs, which indicates he's joking and it's not the pope. he continues*

No, no. Sorry - sorry about that, your Holiness. I'm a very very busy man.

*Bono hangs up, still with an embarassing, shy face because his phone rang during the interview*

This was probably done during the "U2 Essential" interview (because the scenery is taken from there and the guys have the same look) - only that wasn't used in that show. My guess is those are just bits of unused material.
I don't know if this can be obtained on the internet.

------------------
"We feel like this is unfinished business - there's things for us left to do and that's why we still do it." - Larry

"For us, each night on stage has to be like the last night on earth. That's the way our band operates-we can't play the songs unless we're fully into them." - Bono

"The music itself will tell you where to go." - Edge (about recording)

"It's an elevation thing." - Adam (when asked why there's pictures from airport on ATYCLB cover)

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 12-23-2001).]

Main Entry: 1ed?it
Pronunciation: 'e-d&t
Function: transitive verb
Etymology: back-formation from editor
Date: 1791
1 a : to prepare (as literary material) for publication or public presentation b : to assemble (as a moving picture or tape recording) by cutting and rearranging c : to alter, adapt, or refine especially to bring about conformity to a standard or to suit a particular purpose <carefully edited the speech>

I'm still trying to figure out why quotes like that needed their own thread?
confused.gif

I?m still figuring out why people are picking on U2girl once again while she was just trying to do something nice for people who appreciate quotes (like me - thanks girl!!).

The other thing I?m trying to figure out is why half the front page is covered in useless crap by Zoomerang96/Castor/Kieran McConville/Interferencer of the Year and and nobody says anything about that.

I am not amused

Originally posted by DrTeeth:
I?m still figuring out why people are picking on U2girl once again while she was just trying to do something nice for people who appreciate quotes (like me - thanks girl!!).

The other thing I?m trying to figure out is why half the front page is covered in useless crap by Zoomerang96/Castor/Kieran McConville/Interferencer of the Year and and nobody says anything about that.

I am not amused

I wasn't picking on her.
frown.gif

BTW...
<---(Wonders the same thing about Castor/Interferencer of the Year, etc.)

------------------
And in our world of plenty
We can spread a smile of joy
Throw your arms around the world
At Christmas time

OK-you've given me the 'courage' to say-I'm trying to figure out why some people complain that there are too many threads or not enough U2 threads, yet the same 3 or 4 threads always seem to be at the the top.

I wonder sometimes if anyone reads the other threads-it's not that much work really IMO to go through them and reply.
confused.gif

Anyway-enough of that.

Happy Holidays To Everyone

[This message has been edited by Gina Marie (edited 12-23-2001).]

Originally posted by Johnny Swallow:
Main Entry: 1ed?it
Pronunciation: 'e-d&t
Function: transitive verb
Etymology: back-formation from editor
Date: 1791
1 a : to prepare (as literary material) for publication or public presentation b : to assemble (as a moving picture or tape recording) by cutting and rearranging c : to alter, adapt, or refine especially to bring about conformity to a standard or to suit a particular purpose <carefully edited the speech>

Thanks a lot and sorry i wrote anything, folks.
So i see criticizing isn't enough for you, you guys had to be extra patronising?

If you look at the initial brackets of my first post, you'll see why i started a new thread.

Man, start a U2 related thread on a U2 fan forum and get flamed - go figure...

ps: No problem, Dr Teeth. Glad you liked it.
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 12-23-2001).]

Originally posted by Zoo Schabow:
Like that intelligent mikal guy used to say, "If you don't like a thread, don't read it and go on to the next."

no matter how many times zoo schabow denies it we all know he is mikal.
smile.gif

stop complementing yourself you drunk bastard!!!

------------------
CANADA KICKS ASS

Originally posted by Zoo Schabow:
That's good that mikal isn't on your end.

oh the burning questions of interference:
does anyone not like sicy?
is there any limit to salome's coolness?
will ivanclaytonjnr ever make a sensible post?
is zoo schabow mikal? if not what happened to mikal to make him turn from the legacy after 2000 posts?

------------------
you can stuff your sorries in a sack mister

Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel:
I'm hurt you didn't include me, kobeson.

is anyone sexier than POPAngel?

i mean come on?

------------------
you can stuff your sorries in a sack mister

well, I'm a mod so I feel I'm partly responsible for this

the main problem is that no matter how crappy the thread it there always seems to be someone who will complain when a thread gets closed or deleted

I personally feel that as long as threads that actually are about U2 do not get pushed to page #2 without people having an actual chance to read them that everything is okay

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

[This message has been edited by Salome (edited 12-24-2001).]

Originally posted by Salome:

the main problem is that no matter how crappy the thread it there always seems to be someone who will complain when a thread gets closed or deleted

I personally feel that as long as threads that actually are about U2 do not get pushed to page #2 without people having an actual chance to read them that everything is okay

------------------
New And Improved!

Originally posted by Salome:

I agree, I was just wondering why people were giving U2girl a hard time while at the same time participating to the real crappy threads.

I suggest we let this thread rest unless people want to talk about the original topic or about how sexy April and I are.
biggrin.gif

I was just wondering why people were giving U2girl a hard time while at the same time participating to the real crappy threads.

Come on April, we?re leaving...

[This message has been edited by DrTeeth (edited 12-24-2001).]

icon29.gif

Oops, I didn?t know people were getting really upset by this. It?s just a little discussion wasn?t it?

Back
Top Bottom