teleprompters at Live Shows?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GarfieldTheCat

The Fly
ok, so we all know that bono uses the teleprompters for his main speeches.. like for "one" and "sarajevo", etc... like he did i guess back with the whole macphisto and "fuck the revolution" speeches back in the day.

but do they also use these to script out stuff for like.. when bono goes up to hug or tease edge or adam.. or joke with the audience, etc?

yep, on the tour discussions section about the show reviews for the NYC shows this week.

they said those who saw the teleprompters saw speeches bono had for like.. the whole Edge is from the future speeches, amongst the other stuff.

did bono use those for jokes and little thing with the audience and or macphisto back in the day for sure?

He definitely used a teleprompter on the ZooTV Sydney show for both The Fly's bit and MacPhisto's going away message... and honestly? I don't see anything wrong with it. Sometimes during our shows I'll have something I really want to say...and so it gets stuck on a piece of paper at my feet... it's more of a security measure than a necessity.

but someone also said in one of the u2 books it mentions that bono has his speeches written for him by someone else. is this true? i think they said in the book "U2: Show", or something, but i never such a thing in it.

what speech with The Fly did he use that?

GarfieldTheCat said:
but someone also said in one of the u2 books it mentions that bono has his speeches written for him by someone else. is this true? i think they said in the book "U2: Show", or something, but i never such a thing in it.

what speech with The Fly did he use that?

"Hardware, software, men's wear," probably?

pacemaker said:

"Hardware, software, men's wear," probably?

Yup. Flannagan's book says that Bono had this part written out before the show along with the MacPhisto bit (which was supposed to include the line "Michael I hope you get your new penis", but he just stopped after Michael).

It's good he's using teleprompters for speeches.

Then he won't ramble on and on and have songs cut as the show approaches the towns curfew.

Back
Top Bottom