***Survivor: Sometimes I don't let go (Albums Rd 6)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote OFF the album you like the LEAST

• War

Votes: 30 27.0%
  • The Unforgettable Fire

Votes: 15 13.5%
  • The Joshua Tree

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Achtung Baby

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zooropa

Votes: 11 9.9%
  • Pop

Votes: 11 9.9%
  • All That You Can't Leave Behind

Votes: 39 35.1%
  • How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb

Votes: 5 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
War for certain, U2's weakest album musically (I don't count R&H or UABRS).

I've recently discovered the magic of The Unforgettable fire. Wonderful album. The last min of Wire is SUPERB, I fall asleep everytime I listen to it at night (I play the album before I go to sleep). Not because it is boring, but because my head litterally gets lost in the incredible sound, I stop concentratin. Hits me EVERY TIME.

It goes in phases too.

ASOH>Wire = Fantastic intro
UF>Bad = Best sequence EVER
Indian Summer Sky = Racing train after Bad
EP&A>MLK + Brings the album down softly.

My two cents.

Voted for Pop, as I have (or would have) in all of the previous rounds......it's interesting that ATYCLB has so many detractors AND so many lovers......when I did an extensive set of polls two years ago that ended with an overall list of albums, ATYLCB was the 4th favorite of this forum, after Unforgettable Fire, yet it also seems to be highly disliked by a good portion of the members here...although I would argue that Pop is loved by less and hated by more.......however, the ones that love Pop REALLY love it, which is why it may fare better in this sort of tournament.

Unforgetable Fire...about half of it is very forgetable still a great album but your time has come to an end.

ATYCLB. Stop show sympathy for this record people.

I also vote for it in the interest of protecting the 90s records which seem to get getting more votes now. The final five should've been

Boy
Joshua Tree
Achtung Baby
Zooropa
Pop

But Boy is already gone.

So now it must be(in no order)

The Unforgettable Fire
Joshua Tree
Achtung Baby
Zooropa
Pop

Those should be the top five.

But yeah, ATYCLB, let's vote it off already.

I think some of the new fans have an alliance to protect the music they were weened onto U2 with. I only listen to two songs from ATYCLB on a regular basis. And one of them wasn't even a single. Can we really compare Peace On Earth with Surrender? Or Wild Honey with Promenade? Or Elevation with New Year's Day? Or Beautiful Day with Pride? Or Grace with MLK? Or In A Little While with Drowning Man? Come on, people. Seriously.

Beautiful Day kicks Pride's butt -- and I love Pride. :wink:

My vote goes to Zooropa -- again. Weakest of the albums remaining. The only must-have song on it for me is Stay.

the tourist said:
I think some of the new fans have an alliance to protect the music they were weened onto U2 with. I only listen to two songs from ATYCLB on a regular basis. And one of them wasn't even a single. Can we really compare Peace On Earth with Surrender? Or Wild Honey with Promenade? Or Elevation with New Year's Day? Or Beautiful Day with Pride? Or Grace with MLK? Or In A Little While with Drowning Man? Come on, people. Seriously.

I'm asking the same questions...:huh:
All, now gone albums are much better than ATYCLB... it's only a first-album-sentiment that is keeping ATYCLB here...:mad:

I think people saying its only new fans protecting ATYCLB are being very short sighted actually, because I have been a fan since the 80s and I can state very truthfully and admit that ATYCLB is a very good record and better then most of what U2 did in the past. I havent voted for it yet because I truely believe even the worst tracks on ATYCLB are better then most of the tracks on Unforgetable Fire or War or Zooropa.

The End.

The battle is only going to get interesting in the end anyway and I will say now it would be nice to see Achtung Baby win but I have a feeling that the over rated Joshua Tree is going to win it.

Palace_Hero said:
I've recently discovered the magic of The Unforgettable fire. Wonderful album. The last min of Wire is SUPERB, I fall asleep everytime I listen to it at night (I play the album before I go to sleep). Not because it is boring, but because my head litterally gets lost in the incredible sound, I stop concentratin. Hits me EVERY TIME.

It goes in phases too.

ASOH>Wire = Fantastic intro
UF>Bad = Best sequence EVER
Indian Summer Sky = Racing train after Bad
EP&A>MLK + Brings the album down softly.

My two cents.

:up: You speak the truth.

Axver said:

Personally, I prefer it to be only two days.

Some people only have access to the internet at work /school / Uni. Thats why this place is so dead on the weekends....... which is why I usually extend the voting on the weekend to includes a weekday.

Oh well, its not like these polls are shaping the future of mankind or anything. :wink:

BigMacPhisto said:
Voted for Pop, as I have (or would have) in all of the previous rounds......it's interesting that ATYCLB has so many detractors AND so many lovers......when I did an extensive set of polls two years ago that ended with an overall list of albums, ATYLCB was the 4th favorite of this forum, after Unforgettable Fire, yet it also seems to be highly disliked by a good portion of the members here...although I would argue that Pop is loved by less and hated by more.......however, the ones that love Pop REALLY love it, which is why it may fare better in this sort of tournament.

Do you have a link to these polls, please? :hyper:

I thought the album poll had been run before but I'm having difficulties locating it in the archives. Thanks.

I'm also curious as to the demographics of the voters. I would love to know the timeline of U2 fans and for which albums people are voting. These polls are anonymous, but if voters would like to post in the thread also I would love to hear from you :wave:

For me:
My first U2 album = October
Voting = All That You Can't Leave Behind

Last edited:
my first u2 album: 1983-84, somewhere between 'war' and 'the unforgettable fire' (my favourite since i was 8 :cute: )

in case you hadn't noticed, i voted 'all that you can't leave behind', 6 freaking times. :wink:

What really stuns me is that ATYCLB has had so many votes all along yet HTDAAB has less votes than all of: Unforgettable Fire, War, Zooropa, Pop.

First U2 album: Achtung Baby
Voting: ATYCLB

I can't believe all the votes WAR is getting :huh: To say that anything after AB is better than WAR means that rock and roll is truly dead :sad:
BTW ATYCLB sucks major ass and should've been booted first :madspit:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom