***Survivor: From bathiu: Goodbye, You Can Keep This Suit of Lights (Albums Rd 10)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote OFF the album you like the LEAST

• The Unforgettable Fire

Votes: 83 52.2%
  • The Joshua Tree

Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Achtung Baby

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb

Votes: 62 39.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
what about an ultimate singles survivor.

you have a survivor for each album, until you get one single left from each album, then you vote for the favourite.

that would keep us going for like... until the new u2 album when we can start it all going again:p

Stefan said:
I have allways found it difficult to rate UF, but I think I have figured it out:

If you compare UF with JT song by song, JT wins but I think UF is the better album, because of its flow like Axver said.

Right. 4th Of July, by itself, is barely even a song. But when taken in context of Promenade --> 4th Of July --> Bad, it's perfect. It's a necessary linking element and the album would be weaker without it.

UF is not meant to be taken as a collection of individual songs. UF is an experience, like the Hiroshima photographical display that gave it the title.

Balfron said:
what about an ultimate singles survivor.

you have a survivor for each album, until you get one single left from each album, then you vote for the favourite.

that would keep us going for like... until the new u2 album when we can start it all going again:p

That would be "Axver's singles survivor" that beli mentioned earlier in this thread.

Should prove to be fun!

HTDAAB. I think that a year from now my answer will be different after I've had a chance to hear the new songs live and after I've fully absorbed HTDAAB and all of it's intricacies. Right now it's still like a new acquaintance whereas UF is an old friend.

bathiu said:
UF - again... I only realy like Wire and UF from this album
So you don't like Bad or Pride? Or maybe you just don't like the album versions after hearing them live? Just wondering because I don't know of many U2 fans who don't like Bad.

By cohesive I mean there's MLK, there's 4 of July, there's Promenade, there's EP and America - I don't feel these are as tight song-wise as Pride, Wire, UF, A sort of homecoming, Bad and Indian summer sky.
I don't see them as proper songs, but more like quick studio spontaneous moments of impressions.

I do like UF, I just wish it had more songs on it. Makes it uneven for me.

U2girl said:
I do like UF, I just wish it had more songs on it. Makes it uneven for me.

I'm not meaning to say your opinion's wrong or anything, but as I said before, UF isn't about a collection of songs, it's about an atmospheric experience that happens to include spontaneous inspired moments that come together to create a whole. It's not about individual parts, it's about the total.

I just hope no-one's voting because "4th Of July isn't a song!"

U2Kitten said:
I have to go with the Bomb to save UF :uhoh:

I think I will end up doing that. This round is going to be awful. UF and HTDAAB are my two favourite albums and I really don't want to pick one over the other.

I'd much rather vote for Achtung Baby, but that won't help UF.

UF.

As much as i admire it for its creativity and endevour, i only actually like about 6 or 7 songs on it, whereas on the 'bomb' i like all of them with the one exception of Yahweh, which im not a big fan of at all.

just don't think the UF has enough good songs on it to justify a place in the top three.

Zootomic said:

So you don't like Bad or Pride? Or maybe you just don't like the album versions after hearing them live? Just wondering because I don't know of many U2 fans who don't like Bad.

I do like live version of "Bad" better than album version, yes... but also as a 'song' it's nothing special for me, it doesn't mean that I don't like it, just that U2 made much better songs than 'Bad' IMO.
"Pride", here I actualy like album version more than live vesion... but again it's nothing special for me.
Like I said, this doesn't mean that I don't like them, I'm a proud U2 fan and I like everything U2 made (except ATYCLB's worse half) so far.
"UF" has only 2 songs that are realy, realy good for me (read like: masterpiece songs)... Wire and UF.

Ack, tough choice between HTDAAB and Achtung Baby now. But, in order to save the Unforgettable Fire, I believe that it's HTDAAB's time to go.

Sorry, HTDAAB. I love you. :sad:

Wow, some people have an utter inability to just let things go.

I'm not voting yet. I will say having HTDAAB here is ridiculous, but voting for it for the last I don't know how many rounds has been unproductive for me.

UF the best album of all time? :lmao: Well, you hear something new every day.

Fuck off, HTDAAB, you've gone too far. You belong where ATYCLB belongs: bottom of the trash can.

U2_Guy said:
Fuck off, HTDAAB, you've gone too far. You belong where ATYCLB belongs: bottom of the trash can.

1. Joshua Tree
3. Achtung Baby
5. The Unforgettable Fire
7. How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb

:wink: But yeah, it really does belong in the trash amongst these four albums........fitting that two years ago when I did the U2 albums tournament, it was:

1. AB
2. JT
3. UF

Probably will be the same final three......

Yeah, i think some ppl need their ear medication. To prefer the shit Bomb over The Unforgettable Fire reveals serious ear damage...

U2_Guy said:
Yeah, i think some ppl need their ear medication. To prefer the shit Bomb over The Unforgettable Fire reveals serious ear damage...

Hmmmmmmmmmm:scratch:

Weak point: One Step Closer...it's boring like Grace/Peace on Earth... but the rest is CLASSIC STUFF

Believe me: i'm very critical and was doubting this could be a masterpiece...but it is. It really is.

All the songs are A+.

http://forum.interference.com/t101391.html

I'm just happy the unforgettable fire made it this far. I voted How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb in the hopes of saving UF.

Back
Top Bottom