Stolen U2 Demo Vertigo Teaser?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convoy

Acrobat
I was just on Kazaa and found a file for music for 'stolen U2 Demo Vertigo Teaser' its an mp3. around 1:30 There are no vocals or anything. But I guess form the sound... Its sounds kinda like U2. I am un able to upload it. but if somebody wants, I can email it to them and they can upload it.

Is someone going to host it for us? Or at least say if they think it's a fake or not.

These days there are a lot of bands sounding like U2, so I could see the confusion but Edge has a pretty definitive sound, it shouldnt be that hard. Host it and I'll give you my opinion. :)

since you got it on Kazaa, can you also send me the virus that came with the fake U2 song?

thanks

For those of you who have it and have listened to it, can you tell us what you think? I'm sure some of us, including myself, would like to know opinions, and according to this thread, there should be at least half a dozen by now.

:scratch:
Uh, seriously...
Does this thing have everyone so mesmerized that they can't make any comments??

i think i'm going to upload some of my band's tunes and name them "U2 Vertigo" so you all get to hear the great music i've been putting out.

Convoy said:

Thank you so much convoy.

There's a certain u2 feeling on it. It reminds a lot of i still haven't found what i am looking for. It's definitely unfinished work, which was what edge said that the stolen cd had. What makes me think more that is not u2 is the drums; too much breaks for such a soft rhythm and that is not the usual larry's style, but since it's unfinished he could be just playing around looking for how it sounds better...
It's impossible to say that it's u2, but even if it is, it is definitely impossible to conclude anything about the final shape of this piece, not to mention an album where eventually it can be included. Let's wait for more.

Thanks, Convoy. Here it is:

http://www.calvin.edu/~lar3/U2mp3s/

A few things:

It doesn't *really* sound like U2

I thought the stolen CD had pretty much finished songs, so why would there be over a minute of random playing with no vocals? It doesn't really sound like an intro, outro, or guitar solo at all.... :scratch:

Back
Top Bottom