Songs of Experience MegaThread - Meltdown or Getdown?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok - this makes no fucking sense without new music. But it is u2 and making sense has never been their style.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Yea I agree with that... they want at least some recognition going into this event with any new material.

Just to note... EVERYONE playing the iHeart radio show has some sort of new material due. Even Tears For Fears for christ's sake.

Tears For Fears? jeesus blast from the past

While U2 are a great, great live band. One of the best.

They really aren't great at just picking up their instruments and playing. Even if the song is as simple as IWF, for some reason they still need practice.

I do think what you've said makes sense. It's logical.

But this is U2, and lately they've been anything but that.

Well. I'm sure U2 planned and believed they'd have a new single out when they signed up for these promos. What if something's up and they don't but the band can't bail out of those shows ? Old or new material, they need to rehearse.

I mean...2 weeks from now they're playing IHeartmusicradiofestival, presumably the bigger of two promo events and we got nothing. No release date, no single title, not even any rumours.

Yea I agree with that... they want at least some recognition going into this event with any new material.

Just to note... EVERYONE playing the iHeart radio show has some sort of new material due. Even Tears For Fears for christ's sake.

The only band that hasn't announced new material, or has already released new material this year, who's playing the iHeart t festival, is U2.

It is quite literally a promotion vehicle.

It makes zero sense for U2 to play this event without new material. Yes, they've made some strange decisions in the i/e era thus far... but playing that shoe without any new material, when we all know that they're working on it... when we KNOW that they've even started giving their songs to DJs to remix... would be the strangest, most baffling decision of all.

What he said. Surely there's something coming out in the next week or so.
They're probably just going for another surprise release (either the album or just a single) then they can just show up having whipped up a fuss in the days leading up to the show and bask in all that glory...

Check out another new song they debuted live last night called "over". Reminds me of wild horses and better than lead single in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Not bad ! Melody has a melancholy about it. It sounds like it's a breakup song...

Like the way Caleb belts it out in the break

Cr6WSH3UkAEcLR1.jpg:large

I liked the hat back then, still like it today. I wouldn't mind if that was his new look. However, can someone get the man another shirt to wear? Either he's doing a lot of washing or he liked it so much that he bought several ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom