Sometimes I miss the Zoo TV days....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hitman

Acrobat
when the boys did their best to fuck up the mainstream and mocked the possibility of losing the Pop kids......

Oh well.......

I'm leaving for the meadowlands in like twenty minutes so who cares!!!

------------------
You Just Can't Get Enough Of That Lovey Dovey Stuff...

Bring back the sexy MacPhisto - I was too young to appreciate him at the time!
sacool.gif

[This message has been edited by Bonoforever (edited 10-28-2001).]

I SO miss Bono in black leather...mmmm......

um, is this a post I should be putting in PLEBA?

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980

I honestly dont miss Zoo TV at all. Dont get me wrong I loved it and it was a great spectacle. I may get flamed for this one but I really thought Popmart was as good as Zoo TV. Personally I think the Elevation tour, Joshua Tree tour and Lovetown tours are their best tours. I'am into U2 because of their music and that spark that exists when they play live and I think those tours really showed that. The spectacles were great but I thought the music got lost in it sometimes. I think Elevation is almost perfect, a little technology but the focus is about the music. I think it is just the right balance.

Originally posted by Blue Room:
I honestly dont miss Zoo TV at all. Dont get me wrong I loved it and it was a great spectacle. I may get flamed for this one but I really thought Popmart was as good as Zoo TV. Personally I think the Elevation tour, Joshua Tree tour and Lovetown tours are their best tours. I'am into U2 because of their music and that spark that exists when they play live and I think those tours really showed that. The spectacles were great but I thought the music got lost in it sometimes. I think Elevation is almost perfect, a little technology but the focus is about the music. I think it is just the right balance.

------------------
The numeral 7

I think Popmart was better! Well, Elevation probably does beat both. I get withdrawal sympthoms every time I watch Popmart from Mexico though, I'd just love if they did one last Popmart gig
biggrin.gif
I mean, it was so cool, and I don't think the big spectacle drowned out U2 at all! The fact that the music shone through proved even more how great they are!

Sometimes I *do* miss the ZooTV days, but I think what they are doing right now is very cool. I only wish I could have seen as many ZooTV gigs as I have Elevation gigs.

You are all f*ckin' beautiful!!

------------------
"I'm staring at the sun, not the only one who's happy to go blind..."

lazyboy, I kind of agree about Popmart. It was definately a spectacle but not to the degree of Zoo TV. The focus on Popmart did seem to start to shift back to the music a little more than Zoo but not like the other tours I mentioned. Again, I loved Zoo and Popmart, so dont think I'am flaming those. I just preferred the other tours a little more.

I loved Zoo TV and Popmart, but I think Popmart was less focused. Bono's costumes were meaningless compared to Zoo TV's "Evolution of the Fly". As cool as he looked, I never really got the "muscle shirt" or "bubble pants". Adam's toxic technician look was interesting if nothing else. Both were a spectacle, but Popmart seemed to have less substance.

I miss both POP Mart and Zoo TV! I was young when I saw Zoo TV, but by watching all the Zoo TV footage now, you do wish it was that era all over again!!
smile.gif

I love POP Mart, it was an amazing show, one that I will never forget! And I do wish I could see one more POP Mart!
biggrin.gif
smile.gif

------------------
But you take what you can get
'Cause it's all that you can find
Oh, you know there's something more
But tonight, tonight, tonight

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

*ring ring*

- Hello? Hello? Yeah, I miss the phonecalls!

*click*

------------------
Zooming in
Zooming out
Nothing I can't do without
A lens to see it all up close
Magnifying what no one knows
Never in company
Never alone
No car alarm
No cellular phone
- Adam Clayton / Passengers

***Sparky's Whore***

RSOC's Sparky Shrine

Give us back the fun.

Am I the only one who things the concerts are becoming just a teeny weeny bit too much, dare I say, sincere of late?

Originally posted by bullet the blue sky:
Give us back the fun.

Am I the only one who things the concerts are becoming just a teeny weeny bit too much, dare I say, sincere of late?

What's wrong with sincerity?

Elevation is brilliant. It's a bit like a looser, more musically and visually diverse version of classic U2. And I was very glad when I heard that the boys were cutting back on the spectacle this time around.
But man oh man, do I miss ZooTv sometimes. And yes it's the spectacle and the fun but it's also the songs. Achtung Baby and Zooropa are the best one/two punch in the bands career.
But heck, in five years we'll all be nostalgic for Elevation 2001.

MAP

I WANT MY I WANT MY I WANT MY ZOO TV

Nothing beats Zoo TV - The best album, the best tour concert, the best show, the best setlist...
every day there was something new and interesting to hear about Zoo tv tour. It was fabulous. I have a book by B.P.Fallon and it shows what kind of fun it was, as well as Until the end of the world...

Elevation is great, but nothing comes near to AB anc ZOOTV

Back
Top Bottom