So ATYCLB hit 3 million US sales, how does that compare?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoocoustic

War Child
Just wondering if anyone has US and worldwide sales for all of U2's albums. I'm wondering how ATYCLB stacks up to date.

I know the US sales for all of U2's albums, at least to the million marks that each made.

Boy: 1 million
October: 1 million
War: 4 million
Unforgettable Fire: 3 million
Joshua Tree: 10 million(19 worldwide)
Rattle And Hum: 5 million
Achtung Baby: 8 million(14 or 15 worldwide)
Zooropa: 2 million
Pop: 1.5 million(6 worldwide)
ATYCLB: 3 million(10 worldwide)

yes master Yoda
tongue.gif

Hello,

Eric, you forgot Under A Blood Red Sky (which has 3 IIRC), Wide Awake In America (1 million) and The Best Of 1980-1990 (3 million, including the B-Sides version). Another note is that most of these figures are from late 1997, so maybe some albums have added another million to their score.

C ya!

Marty

------------------
People criticize me but I know it's not the end
I try to kick the truth, not just to make friends

Spearhead - People In Tha Middle

If you want to know the album and tour sales, with great credibility, the best you can do is going to Where the album has no name.
For exmaple, Joshua Tree is somewhere betweene 20 and 25 million right now...and ATYCLB is in....10,5 million worldwide.

Originally posted by whenhiphopdrovethebigcars:
10,5m? so this is a real seller, fine.
Britney Schpears has sold 600k first week.

If you read "Until the End of the World," there's a section where McGuinness is excited telling Bono that AB 10 million copies within the first year. However, Bono was distracted. Nonetheless, it's nice to see ATYCLB match the first year sales numbers of AB.

As for Spears, her album actually sold 740,000 copies its first week in the U.S. However, this is a significant drop from the 1.2 million copies her last album sold in its first week. Still, 740,000 copies was more than enough for a #1 debut and it is one of the highest debut numbers this year.

10,5m? so this is a real seller, fine.
Britney Schpears has sold 600k first week.

Back
Top Bottom