Slane Castle or Boston?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tpsglick2424

Refugee
What do you think is a better concert? Slane Castle Elevation or Boston Elevation?

Boston. That DVD owns my soul. Slane is obviously awesome and I know people will probably pick that but I always watch Boston more, I love it more overall.

I'm not a big fan of either, but Boston wins on the basis of Gone and The Fly.

I actually watch Boston more but I prefer Slane just because of Streets..

Slane. The energy at Slane is about 10 trillion times higher, and it's a better show, in my opinion. That being said, Boston is pretty good as well!

Well there is much more energy in Slane because there are 100,000 more people than Boston:wink:

Slane - I don't think u2 will ever do a concert like that again (and if they do, I doubt they will record it. that would be too lucky!). Plus the the whole 'all i want is f**king you man!' bit is one of my favourite bono moments.

Zootlesque said:
I only have the Slane dvd. Is Boston worth getting?

I've actually never seen it, either. I never bothered watching it because I'd heard that Bono's voice sucked on it. But I'm going to get it on Netflix soon...

I didnt think Bono's voice sucked at all...Well, atleast it was better than the Vertigo DVD...:shrug:

Bono's voice is amazing on Boston. I love everything about that DVD except I don't like WOWY that much.

I thought the begining of that song was weak but I thought after he laid down with that girl, his voice I thought was pretty good...

IMO:

I actually like both alot, but this is what I like about each one.

Slane:
All I Want Is You into Where the Streets Have No Name.
Electric Co.

Boston:
The Fly
New York (I like it better live than on cd)
Gone
Sunday Bloody Sunday (I love the way he gets ready to sing it)

and why did someone like spit at him or throw something at him?):huh:

so my answer: Boston.
I have even said I would love to go see a show in Boston.

It's Slane. The Boston DVD with a few exceptions isn't that good. It might just be me but the band seemed off that night. The setlist was pretty bad for whole of the tour. Losing Pride, One and Mysterious Ways didn't help. Slane has the energy Boston is missing. Boston was a terrible DVD for those reasons as well as the bad directing.

I went to Boston on Sat for first time and I got excited cause my fave DVD was filmed there haha. Boston is ace for a few things - Gone, Stuck, The Fly, New York (I don't like it much on CD either but it works really well on the black & white and everything), and yes SBS is awesome on that too. Gah I wanna watch it now and I can't!

I hardly ever watch Slane because I find I really need to be in a specific mood to get into it. With Boston I can just put it on and enjoy it whatever. Maybe that does make Slane a better show but I know Boston better and like it more for that reason, I guess.

Slane is more fun. The band just seems so at home, so comfortable, and just seem to be having fun with eachother. There are so many classic moments, including Bono being pelted with toilet paper.

But Boston is more intense. There are so many amazing performances. Gone, Bad/"40"/Streets, BTBS, and The Fly from Boston are probably my favourite performances EVER of those songs.

In the end, I have to choose Boston.

Zootlesque said:
I only have the Slane dvd. Is Boston worth getting?

OMG YES!!! You'll get some amazing goose bump moments when they do the classic BAD/40/Streets combo!! This moment took me to the fanatical stage with these guys. You can feel the transcendant thing Bono is always talking about. It feels like God walking through the place, the spirit was all over it!!! His passion singing Bad was heart-wrenching and makes me cry every time! It's like he is trying to heal the audience or something! Bono is just other-worldly, amazing.
I like both concerts, and why must we always choose one or the other??
:wink:

Back
Top Bottom