should u2 start working on their next album.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hey red hot chili peppers guitarist john frusntane released like 7 albums in like one year. why can't u2? lol if they didn't tour. how 5 albums in 2006. lets go. u2 can reinvent themselves and go back to thier roots all the matter of a 4 mouths. lol

Zootlesque said:
I still say that U2 should explore world music a bit more. There's tons of stuff out there like Middle Eastern Rai music ( a la Khaled), Indian 'sitar' string arrangements (Pundit Ravi Shankar, The Beatles!!!), african rhythms etc. As long as it is just an element of their conventionally themed rock songs, it is okay. I'm not saying that they should turn to world music altogether.

God I hope they don't turn into present day Sting and Peter Gabriel. Turning to world music always seems like the death knell of a musician.

Okay, I don't want to be a downer, but come on. U2 can't make a classic album in less than a year. I would happily be proved wrong, but, come on. HTDAAB took them, what, four years, and it was extremely close to being classic (for me, at least). Zooropa is great, it is U2, but it is not classic. If you compare it with the likes of Joshua Tree, or even Achtung Baby, it doesn't come close. I would love to hear new U2 this year, but if we do, BELIEVE me - we (as U2 fans) will probably be very dissapointed.

A little, pocket-battleship of an album would be great, just short, sharp rocky tunes, 30-35 minutes long, like a Ramones album.:evil:

A double album would be a bit bloated at this point I think, we don't want any Use Your Illusion type shenanigans do we? ;)

OMG!!!!! LIKE USE YOUR FUCKIN ILLUSION KICKED MAJOR FUCKIN ASS!!!! ANYBODY WITH HALF A BRAIN KNOWS THAT!

UYI I&II are indeed awesome!

use your illusions are good albums, however due to axl roses failure to anything since, and being the biggest hackjob in rock history, those albums have been forgotten and now gnr's are only known for appitite. and yes, world music is for artists who are old and don;t wanna rock and wanna mature so they turn to world music. however, its possible they could write good tunes in that style, but thier not gonna be "rocking".

As long as its not rap or dance influenced( definitely please u2 I'm begging you not zooropa mk2), bring on a new album in summer 2006

Maybe an EP at the end of this year, just 6 or 7 songs. All they have to do is to rework the songs they got from thew Bomb sessions like mercy.

Zootlesque said:
OMG!!!!! LIKE USE YOUR FUCKIN ILLUSION KICKED MAJOR FUCKIN ASS!!!! ANYBODY WITH HALF A BRAIN KNOWS THAT!

UYI I&II are indeed awesome!

I must be the one with half a brain. G n R have to be one of the most overhyped and overblown bands of the 80s/90s, November Rain being a prime example all strings , overproduction and pointless guitar soloing or does that sum up most of their work. Use your illusion v Nevermind no contest.

villamania said:

I must be the one with half a brain. G n R have to be one of the most overhyped and overblown bands of the 80s/90s, November Rain being a prime example all strings , overproduction and pointless guitar soloing or does that sum up most of their work. Use your illusion v Nevermind no contest.

:lol:

Yeah, you talk about overrated 90's bands and then praise Nirvana. Classic. :wink:

That being said, UYI wouldn't be the proper album to compare the two bands. Since Nevermind is widely considered as Nirvana's magnum opus of sorts, Appetite For Destruction would be a much better candidate.

XHendrix24 said:

:lol:

Yeah, you talk about overrated 90's bands and then praise Nirvana. Classic. :wink:

That being said, UYI wouldn't be the proper album to compare the two bands. Since Nevermind is widely considered as Nirvana's magnum opus of sorts, Appetite For Destruction would be a much better candidate.

IMO Nirvana achieved more in their 4 year recording existence than Guns and Roses in 12 years. I was referring more to UYI compared to Nevermind which was a groundbreaking album and bought guitar based music back into the mainstream. Yes Nirvana were overhyped by the media at times but the music industry needed a kick up the a*** at the time and they provided it.

Back
Top Bottom