sad about new remixes... - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-31-2002, 04:26 PM   #1
Refugee

Local Time: 10:19 PM
sad about new remixes...

Sorry, maybe you think there has been enough discussion about the new 'best of', but anyway, have to say this.

I'm sad about the new remixes of the POP/ZOOROPA-albums. Have no idea why they did that. And I don't think they have become better. Why? Is it because they wanted to wash white a 'dark period' (read that somewhere)? Pop and Zooropa weren't bad at all. Strong lyrics and music, but from the originals little is left on the 'best of'. This is not a good overview of the decade. It feels to me as if they have raped their own songs and listened to much to the critics who broke down POP. Don't like the B-sides also. Where are those strong B-sides. I don't want those stupid dance-re-re-remixes, jak!
(but I'll buy it anyway! )

Old 10-31-2002, 04:37 PM   #2
Banned

Local Time: 04:19 PM
True , but you see here ..you can't say this stuff to some people here , cause they don't want to listen what we are saying , i 'm completely agree with you , but the dvd 1990-2001 , will be the main event , it will have it all . and after all we have our original recordings .

Old 10-31-2002, 11:37 PM   #3
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:19 PM
Why complain, though? Think about it. Instead of getting identical songs that you *already* have on their previous albums, you get new versions.

I do think that they could have done a better job with the B-Sides, though. Some original songs that deserved to be on it got kicked out in favor of mediocre remixes.

Melon
Old 11-01-2002, 09:00 PM   #4
Babyface

Local Time: 09:19 PM

I'm just happy that U2 are releasing another album of probably their greatest work ever - although the best is yet to come....