Rollingstone top 25 bands of all time!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
very cool

this gives me an exuse to party naked in the streets downtown

Woo!

Radiohead no.2? Hmm...I thought that U2 and Rolling Stones are usually regarded as best live bands.

How did Bruce Springsteen do? Or Depeche Mode? Red hot chili peppers?

That just makes me more eager to see them... it will be my first U2 concert, the last rock concert I saw was ... seventeen years ago. Where have I been? I know it will be as exciting as my first concert in seventy... six? -whatever it was, when I first saw Daltrey run onstage... it will be a night to remember for sure, I haven't looked forward to anything so much since my wedding.

(maybe even more)

Yes, it will be so embarrassing to go and buy that issue with Clay on the cover just for the U2 part. Rolling Stone has gotten so lame.

Red Ships of Scalla-Festa said:
no kidding.

and is it just me, or do you also find it weird how clay, despite finishing in second place, is getting more publicity than ruben?

At first I thought yes, but after talking with some people about it, it really isn't that hard to understand.

What's new/exciting/interesting about a big black guy crooning Marvin Gaye (no matter how well he sings it)?

The real story here is awkward, unattractive nerd, made-over into successful "hip" pop-star.

People love a Cinderella story. The sad part is that with sudden success, people also love to see the mighty fall.

Yes, we're society - and we're sick. :|

And it probably also have a lot to do with whatever agents that these guys are working with.

Rollingstone didn't make the list - it was a readers poll, which probably explains how Bon Jovi got on the list. If anyone cares, here's the complete list:

1. U2
2. Radiohead
3. Bon Jovi
4. Dave Matthews Band
5. Tori Amos
6. Phish
7. Metallica
8. PJ Harvey
9. Nine Inch Nails
10. Guns n Roses
11. Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band
12. Pearl Jam