Rest of U2 Survivor: War - Round 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• Seconds

Votes: 15 29.4%
  • Like a Song

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • Drowning Man

Votes: 15 29.4%
  • Two Heart Beat As One

Votes: 17 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

corianderstem

Blue Crack Distributor
40 found out just how long it took to sing its song: until 25 people kicked it out of competition!

VOTE FOR YOUR LEAST FAVORITE SONG

Polls will remain open for 48 hours, unless one song has taken enough of a beating after a day or so, in which case we'll call it an act of mercy and move on to the next round.

Songs in this round:

- Seconds
- Like A Song
- Drowning Man
- Two Hearts

Criteria for song selection (at least for the albums): anything on the regular pressings of the Best Of 1980-1990, Best Of 1990-2000, and U2:18 is excluded.

I'd been voting for Drowning Man, but somehow overlooked that Seconds was still hanging around.

It's a little dull, I'm afraid. And, apparently, forgettable.

It's not that I dislike Two Hearts but compared to a song like Seconds which is about nuclear war, Two Hearts is so ordinary! I cannot believe some of you prefer it to Seconds! Seconds!!!

Lightning flashes across the sky
East or west do or die
Like a thief in the night
See the world by candle light

:drool: :drool: :drool:

corianderstem said:
I SO do not understand why people dislike Two Hearts around here.

THBAO just lacks the depth of the other songs. It's a nice bit of pop fluff and little more. I can't believe it has made it this far.

Zootlesque said:
It's not that I dislike Two Hearts but compared to a song like Seconds which is about nuclear war, Two Hearts is so ordinary!

Just because a song is about nuclear war doesn't mean it's better.

I mean duh, obviously you prefer it over Two Hearts and it's just a matter of opinion, but I don't see why the subject matter makes it better.

Zootlesque said:
It's not that I dislike Two Hearts but compared to a song like Seconds which is about nuclear war, Two Hearts is so ordinary! I cannot believe some of you prefer it to Seconds! Seconds!!!

Lightning flashes across the sky
East or west do or die
Like a thief in the night
See the world by candle light

:drool: :drool: :drool:

QFT

Seconds is my favorite song on War! :combust:

corianderstem said:
I SO do not understand why people dislike Two Hearts around here.

It sounded like everything else they were doing except worse.

That said, I voted for Drowning Man again. It simply isn't that good of a song. The fact that 40 and Surrender were sacrificed before these two subpar efforts is vexing to me.:|

Wow, when I last chcked this, THBAO had 7 votes, Seconds 2, and DM none. Now it's 9 to THBAO and eight each to Seconds and DM. Here's hoping THBAO can hold of Seconds and DM and get the hell out of here. I don't know why people are defending it. It's such a flaky song compared to the others.

:hmm: well, I think that's not a problem when it comes to these competitions.... flakiness, seriousness, awesomness... etc... those things just don't really matter when the question is just how much people like a song. There are some really light and fluffy songs that I really like. Sure I realize they may not be as deep or well written or even just as plain good a song as another, but for some crazy reason I LIKE them. The question is vote for your least favorite song, not vote for the song that is shallower or isn't as good musically or lyrically. Ok I'm rambling... sorry.... but I think thats why songs like THBAO can hold their own with DM...it's a fun song, it's nothing to do with one being better than the other, it's just people voting for something they like. And now clearly I should go to bed :der:

Axver said:
Wow, when I last chcked this, THBAO had 7 votes, Seconds 2, and DM none. Now it's 9 to THBAO and eight each to Seconds and DM. Here's hoping THBAO can hold of Seconds and DM and get the hell out of here. I don't know why people are defending it. It's such a flaky song compared to the others.

Ax how do you check the poll without voting? I'm probably voting THBAO but to save DM I'll hold my nose and vote Seconds...

CTU2fan said:
Ax how do you check the poll without voting? I'm probably voting THBAO but to save DM I'll hold my nose and vote Seconds...

Click on "show poll results."

Hmm, you'd think I could have figured that one out :)

Gah, no idea what to vote for. Looks like a 3-horse race...THBAO or Seconds. Think I'll wait a bit...

Axver said:

That's how I think of Seconds. :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom