Reminder - Edge interview tonight, RTE 1, 11:30 p.m. GMT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
http://www.rte.ie/live/

I got this link at u2torrents. Seems to work, I'm watching the 9:00 news right now. Looks like Edge will be on in about two hours.

On 2nd thought, looks like that program will only stream in Ireland.

Last edited:
finance, thank you very very much for this reminder...I would have forgotten! :)

Haha, the Where The Album Has No Name forum will explode.

I guess it's a good sign they're not rushing it. I still believe Fall 2008 is possible. There have been a lot of quotes from different people involved, pointing in this direction.

I think it requires Real Player, which I don't have here, since I'm at work. I'll try it again in the evening when I'm at home. Maybe someone will kindly upload it to You Tube in the meantime. I would love to see it, I like to hear Edge talk.

When I try to watch it, it's so incredible slow, that I hardly recognize an English word of it. It's really strange, my internet is fast. I never have to wait for loading or so.

Does anyone know what I can do? I have the latest version of RealPlayer...

Great interview! Not a whole lot of new info or any particulars, but, it did strike me how Edge says that they don't want to take a long time with this project. It got me thinking, that there's gotta be so much that each member of U2, Eno and Lanois do on their own at their age and point of their careers, that in all actuality they maybe haven't been putting in a solid amount of time on this creation/album. Even though HTDAAB was nearly 4 years ago, after the tour and resting some, its possibly only been 2 years of idea and song writing. It was only about 1 year ago that Eno and Lanois came back into the picture. It must be real fresh and exciting work, and you can kind of get that through the Edge in this interview. I don't think he would bullshit and say we want to do this quickly if it was 4 year old material.

wow thanks a lot for that link! What a fabulous interview...very interesting, I really enjoyed it :)

In reference to the new material, Edge basically said that they don't want to "mess" with the new material, they simply want to keep the songs in the form they were in at the moment of creation...

so they don't want to "mess" with the new material, but they don't want to rush it...seems a bit confusing to me...I don't know, maybe I'm missing something...

Edge specifically says that they do not have a date planned...and it sounded like he didn't even want to announce a time frame or anything that would put constraints on the band to finish...

honestly, it sounds like they are taking their time, and judging from this interview, I wouldn't be surprised if the album did not come out in October/November of 2008...

Regardless, I was thoroughly entertained for 30 minutes...Thank you!

I actually really want to get that book Edge was talking about now :hmm:

Thanks for the link javiu2.

When the Edge was asked "Do you know when the album will come out?" there seemed to be a wink in his eye when he said "No" as if he really wanted to say "Hell fucking yes I know when it's coming out...it's coming out in November and it's gonna piss all over everything that's come before it and it will be HUGE...but I'm not gonna let your little scrawny journalist ass in on the secret!"

Hooooo Ha I'm excited :hyper:

Well, it was right about this time during HTDAAB that U2 scrapped Chris Thomas and brought in Lillywhite and J. Lee.

So maybe it's a good sign right now that no additional producers have been brought in. Of course Lillywhite may come in for a song or two like he's done in the past, but that's quite different than reworking an entire album.

If we don't start hearing about promo shoots by late May, then there might be some problems.

That's funny, from what Edge said I'm seriously starting to get concerned that it might not be coming out this fall.

And when Paul McGuinness starts back tracking about this falls release, it gets me worried.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003782687

"If everything goes as planned, the power of the U2/Live Nation Artists venture will become apparent by next year. "The band are in the studio now. We hope to release an album this fall and tour in '09," says McGuinness. "There's a constant rolling plan and sometimes it gets postponed, but we plan all the time, and that's the current plan."

ramblin rose said:
That's funny, from what Edge said I'm seriously starting to get concerned that it might not be coming out this fall.

And when Paul McGuinness starts back tracking about this falls release, it gets me worried.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003782687

"If everything goes as planned, the power of the U2/Live Nation Artists venture will become apparent by next year. "The band are in the studio now. We hope to release an album this fall and tour in '09," says McGuinness. "There's a constant rolling plan and sometimes it gets postponed, but we plan all the time, and that's the current plan."

Edge may say that but McGuiness, Lanois, Bono and I think Adam all said Fall 2008.

I just watched an interview yesterday during the zootv when they released Zooropa and edge said having a time constraint and deadline made them make some of thier best material knowing that there is a certain time they have to put out the record...

U2girl said:
Edge may say that but McGuiness, Lanois, Bono and I think Adam all said Fall 2008.

I agree.

I was more worried about the quote I put from McGuinness that was in the Billboard article I linked to.

Back
Top Bottom