Remind me again. . . how did we get Mercy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

discothequeLP

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
alright. a few weeks ago, i remember someone saying that they thought they had Mercy, then it's on some 20 page thread here, then i download it and i forget everything else. but how did we get it? who graced us with the best b-side ever?

Ask U2SJ. She said a "friend" gave it to her on a disk with 12 songs. It seemed very mysterious. Very kindly, she shared it with us.

whatever she's called. U2SJ U2SanJose, SanJOseU2.

I can't remember. She got it from a friend and didn't know the actual source. Of course, I should let her answer.

And I'm hoping she was a girl, maybe it was a dude. lol

No... it is the San Jose girl. But she said that she got it straight from the B-Man himself, I believe. It was some very suspicious stuff. When I asked directly about it in the original thread I was told to 'just be happy that we have it' and not ask too many questions. :ohmy:

biff said:
Ask U2SJ. She said a "friend" gave it to her on a disk with 12 songs. It seemed very mysterious. Very kindly, she shared it with us.

that's how it went down. we have U2SJ to thank for this little piece of heaven.

:bow:

username said:
No... it is the San Jose girl. But she said that she got it straight from the B-Man himself, I believe. It was some very suspicious stuff. When I asked directly about it in the original thread I was told to 'just be happy that we have it' and not ask too many questions. :ohmy:

I don't believe that she ever stated that Bono gave her the CD. She mentioned that she had met Bono that same week. She told us that a freind gave her the disk with the 12th track, then shared it with us to confirm wether it was Mercy or not.

Aardvark747 said:

I second that! All the links and stuff just seemed to slip past me!:(
I dont think my e-mail can recieve it, but if any kind-hearted soul out there is on msn msg, and wants to add me to send it - that would be extremely, wonderfully wonderful!:wink:
Ardvrk747@Hotmail.com

Check your mail, i just sent you a you send it link for Mercy, enjoy!

The more important question to ask is " Do we actually know that what we have is Mercy???" It doesn't say Mercy anywhere in the song! What if Mercy is a totally different track alltogether? Even U2SJ girl wasn't sure that it was Mercy. I remember her saying, "I THINK that I have Mercy". I think a more appropriate title for the song would be "Love".

Regardless if Bono gave her the disc or not, the whole thing is quite suspicious if you ask me. Who on Earth is going to have access to this song besides a VERY select few? Oh yeah... and some French guy with sticky fingers. :wink:

boosterjuice said:
The more important question to ask is " Do we actually know that what we have is Mercy???" It doesn't say Mercy anywhere in the song! What if Mercy is a totally different track alltogether? Even U2SJ girl wasn't sure that it was Mercy. I remember her saying, "I THINK that I have Mercy". I think a more appropriate title for the song would be "Love".

this song is mercy.
in the deluxe edition HTDAAB book, there are illustrated and handwritten lyrics for this song, and bono has written " Mercy Mercy " on the page.

theedge111 said:

I don't believe that she ever stated that Bono gave her the CD. She mentioned that she had met Bono that same week. She told us that a freind gave her the disk with the 12th track, then shared it with us to confirm wether it was Mercy or not.

She never did state that. The unique thing about U2SJ's story is that she met Bono in early November and during their conversation, he told her "watch out for Mercy, you will love it, its one of my favorites".

Then a few days later, she was hanging out with U2 fans listening to HTDAAB with a mysterious 12th track. One of them gave her a copy of the CD. How cool it must have been for her to discover that it was Mercy!

I LOVE this story and appreciate her efforts to share it with us! :D

BostonAnne, :wave: Yes it was a pretty cool and exciting discovery!!! :)
Guys, if I had more info I would tell it! A friend of mine gave me the cd, and we were all confused what the 12th track was. It was after a few days we realized that it was Mercy.
I dont know where my friend got it, and no, Bono definitely did not give me the cd. He did happen to tell me about it though when I met him a few weeks prior, thats the ironic part.
Anyways, Im glad you are all enjoying it as much as I am!! :drool:

U2SJ said:
Guys, if I had more info I would tell it! A friend of mine gave me the cd, and we were all confused what the 12th track was. It was after a few days we realized that it was Mercy.
I dont know where my friend got it, and no, Bono definitely did not give me the cd. He did happen to tell me about it though when I met him a few weeks prior, thats the ironic part.

:wave: Hi U2SJ! :) It is so ironic. Seriously, what are the chances? :D :heart: :happy:

U2SJ said:
...I dont know where my friend got it, and no, Bono definitely did not give me the cd. He did happen to tell me about it though when I met him a few weeks prior, thats the ironic part.

It's a great story and incredible find. I don't mean to sound like I am doubting your story at all. I am very grateful to you for sharing it. However, if I were you, I would have had a little pow-wow with you friend to find out just where he got his mitts on this thing!:wink:

U2SJ said:

Have you been able to ask your friend where they got it?

Back
Top Bottom