Red Ships of Scalla-Festa, let's talk about the new album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay, Michael Griffiths....aka BONO!!!!! Don't be an ass, and tell me what you know. You must stop teasing us. We really don't like it. I'm surprised the administrators aren't all over this guy, asking him for information. But Bono, please, just give us something!!

I'm starting to be suspicious about Michael Griffiths

I don't want to know how you got the info, I just want to know what else you, well, know...

Talk about on brother!

Michael Griffiths = INFO GOD! :)

Strato Edge said:
Michael Griffiths = INFO GOD!

Hahahahahahahaha.

Oh my, that made me fall off of my chair. Well, in spirit.

It's all smoke and mirrors my friends... now step out from behind the curtain Mr. Whiz... reveal that information is not the only thing you're full of...

By now, we all know the album title. Before the rumour even surfaced, I started a thread about it, well over a year ago:

http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=39464&highlight=New+Album+Title+Hanover

But, alas, Cujo is right: it's all smoke and mirrors :sexywink:

And as I said in the album title thread...rumours are great, especially when you start them yourself.

That all said, listen to the album the day it comes out, and tell me I was wrong about anything. You won't be able to.

I heard an early demo of "All Because of You," which is very much as Mr. Griffiths described it, but I wonder if the studio wizardry has tamed it since last year when I heard it. I'll tell you by this summer ;)

mug222 said:
I heard an early demo of "All Because of You," which is very much as Mr. Griffiths described it, but I wonder if the studio wizardry has tamed it since last year when I heard it. I'll tell you by this summer ;)

can you tell us anything of what you heard?
eg. what were the lyrics like?
can you compare it to any other u2 song? (desire? elevation? god II? BD?)
how did you hear it?
etc etc

please, spare us nothing!

mug222 said:
It will still blow your head apart on first listen, perhaps more so than the demo version. ;)

I heard a song called "All because of the Original Full Metal Jacket"....it was Larry banging his head on the drum kit screaming "Where the hell is Bono so we can have some damn lyrics!"

ishkash said:
Where is ignoreland?

Mug222 and I are one and the same; I can't recall anymore why I felt the need to create another username.

Anyway, I really can't remember the demos well enough to comment on them anymore. All I remember is that "All Because of You" made me think of Television and Richard Hell + the Voidoids, which is a very good thing.

As I said, I'll be in Dublin for a week in early July for an award that Bono will be receiving (I'm not sure if it's been announced yet.) Hopefully I'll get some "studio time" then ;)

Cool,

I think your description of the Hands That Built America was pretty close to what we got obviously the ending was completely different to what you heard. I know describing music can be very tough as I remember when U2 released 30 sec clip of Beautiful Day it was compared to alsmost 30 different artists as diverse as Smashing Pumpkins to Oasis.

Anyways looing forward to your trip, hopefull you'll have lots of info-bits for us (with grain of salt ofcourse)

Take Care!

Please Michael Griffiths and Mug222,

can you explain us how did you find those precious info?

I really hope you are not fooling us 'cause
I really need to know that a great album is on the way!

Please, Please, Please... ...I'm begging on my knees.:scream: :drool: :scream: :drool: :confused: :banghead:

BTW, I really hope that Michael is not Bono: we all know that Bono himself is not so reliable when it's time to describe his own music... ...so if Micheal is Bono ... ...oh well... ...the album will be half as great as he claims!

Waiting patiently for an answer...:drool: :drool: :drool:

This is the best thread I've ever read in terms of excitement. Maybe some preconceived, not completely accurate excitement, but excitement non-the-less. I really hope "All Because Of You Rocks" and "Original Of The Species" gives us the rock/pop only U2 can perform, because I hate to think this thread is in line with "David/Pop" thread of 7 years ago......

Reggie Thee Dog said:
This is the best thread I've ever read in terms of excitement. Maybe some preconceived, not completely accurate excitement, but excitement non-the-less. I really hope "All Because Of You Rocks" and "Original Of The Species" gives us the rock/pop only U2 can perform, because I hate to think this thread is in line with "David/Pop" thread of 7 years ago......
ReggieTD - I can *assure* you those two things are true. Of course, you never know how much a song will change when it comes to U2. That said, I will be VERY surprised if 'All Because of You' doesn't blow your head off (trust me, it will), and 'Original of the Species' is a GREAT little pop/rock song, built around a great riff. You will see. This record has the potential to be their best ever at this stage...but time will tell.

Mr. Griffiths, because you have been a long time, respected member of this forum, I'm going to take your word! Actually, much like you, I get the feeling (though unlike you {I think}, I haven't heard anything) that this could be U2's Rock Masterpiece. You know, don't you think that Rock needs a real shot in the arm? I mean ATYCLB was great, but it was one the softer, more mid-tempo range than what currents falls under the "Rock" category these days. If U2 really puts their minds to 'Rawk' on this album....watch out!!!

Reggie Thee Dog said:
Mr. Griffiths, because you have been a long time, respected member of this forum

I won't say anything if you don't say anything Griff.

:sexywink:

All bullshit aside, I'm looking forward to this album... a good old-fashioned kick in the jimmy is just what the doctor ordered.

:up:

C'mon Cujo, Griff has been on this site for years, and I can't think of anything he's ever done to piss anyone off. I agree it sounds too good to be true, but who knows maybe he's gotten his hands on some MP3s somehow. I dunno, I just think this sounds exciting. P.S. LZ rocks!!!

Cujo, some dogs follow the same trail!!

With the recent Led Zep DVD/CD release this could be a very good year for the Rock!! U2, I assume will follow this up with an album that is both retro and inventive in one!! I mean if "All Because Of You" is similar to the Who that's great news. And I assume that the other songs will move in a direction Rock guitar has never seen. I hope.

Asking Griffiths for info is like asking an impotent man to sleep with you. From the outside he may look all good and fine, but then you find out he aint got the goods.

Not that I ask impotent men to sleep with me or anything :shifty:

Last edited:
Chizip said:
From the outside he may look all good and fine...

Not that I ask men to sleep with me or anything :shifty:
Chizip, if you were female it would be a step in the right direction, and you are a great guy and everything, and I could even grow to like you one day (as a friend of course), but sorry, I'm just not interested.

Back
Top Bottom