Ranking Achtung Baby Songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Acthung Baby:

1. Until the end of the world
2. Zoo Station
3. One
4. Mysterious Ways
5. Even Better Than The Real Thing
6. The Fly
7. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
8. Acrobat
9. So Cruel
10. Love Is Blindness
11. Ultra Violet
12. Tryin' to throw your arms around the world

The Joshua Tree:

1. Where The Streets Have No Name
2. Running To Stand Still
3. One Tree Hill
4. With Or Without You
5. In God's Country
6. Exit
7. Bullet The Blue Sky
8. Mothers of the Disappeared
9. Red Hill Mining Town
10. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
11. Trip Through Your Wires

1.The Fly 10/10
2. One 10/10
3. Until The End Of The World 9/10
4. Zoo Station 9/10
5. Even Better Than The Real Thing 9/10
6. Love Is Blindness 9/10
7. Mysterious Ways 9/10
8. Acrobat 8.5/10
9. So Cruel 8/10
10. Ultraviolet 8/10
11. Wild Horses 7/10
12. TTTYAATW 7/10

Last edited:
Axver said:

Because I just don't like the album? It's not that unusual, despite the way some people here act. Most of the U2 fans I know as friends consider Achtung to be inferior, dated, or in a couple of cases, a sack of crap. I think the album is inconsistent, full of clunkers, poorly produced, highly over-rated, and at the end of the day, boring. October slays it.

:lmao: you're better than Seinfeld, really!
What you say about AB is what I really think and feel about the unforgetable fire... but hey, everyone has the right to express his opinions :up:

ABout the thread, I can't really rank the AB and the Joshua Tree songs because I love them all.

Tyagu_Anaykus said:

:lmao: you're better than Seinfeld, really!
What you say about AB is what I really think and feel about the unforgetable fire...

Exactly. Despite what our dear friend Axver can say, UF has a few great songs (Promenade, UF, etc.), but a few clunkers for sure (Elvis Prestley and America is pretty pointless and 4th of July is not the best instrumental I have heard in my life). As for AB, this album has some AVERAGE songs, I can admit, but no real clunkers. It is and will always remain a masterpiece (whatever Axver can say about it!).

Axver has always been about cohesiveness and themes. AB doesn't have it. It makes a lot of sense why he doesn't like it. UF does have it. Again, makes a lot of sense.

I think the album versions for Achtung Baby are above average. I think live, it's possibly their best. ZooTV DID have a theme.

I still think that without ZOO TV Achtung would never have the status it currently holds

phillyfan26 said:
Axver has always been about cohesiveness and themes. AB doesn't have it. It makes a lot of sense why he doesn't like it. UF does have it. Again, makes a lot of sense.

For me its just about the songs and I really don't like the Unforgetable Fire songs. Hell, I don't even like the studio version of Bad but you never saw me bashing the album openly (what I wrote before was just a response)and everytime an AB thread is open here it comes Axver to bash it. Hell when it was AB birthday Axver came in to say and I quote "happy f***** birthday to the most overrated album of all time!!" I know everyone have the right to express its opinions but that was disrespectful... from my point of view... (I hope he doesn't come in to say my that my point of view is stupid like he loves to do...)... I know it is just about tastes and flavours but he could try to show a little more respect because every critic he does to AB are destructive not constructive...

PS -> AB isn't flawless but, again, tell an album that it is...

and please lets just talk about the thread...

JT (currently, it changes)

1. Streets
2. Red Hill Mining Town
3. Running To Stand Still
4. With or Without You
5. One Tree Hill
6. ISHFWILF
7. In God's Country
8. Trip
9. Mothers
10. Bullet
11. Exit

AB (ditto)

1. Zoo Station
2. WGRYWH
3. TTTYAATW
4. So Cruel
5. UTEOTW
6. Acrobat
7. Love is Blindness
8. The Fly
9. EBTTRT
10. Myst Ways
11. Ultraviolet
12. One

I've been listening to the cds so I guess I can, now, post my final answer:

AB:
1 - The Fly
2 - Until the End of The World
3 - Acrobat
4 - Love is Blindness
5 - Zoo Station
6 - TTTYAATW
7 - So Cruel
8 - Ultra Violet
9 - Even Better than the Real Thing
10 - Mysterious Ways
11 - One (I'm sick of it... really...)
12 - WGRYWH

JT:
1 - With or Without You
2 - Mothers
3 - Exit
4 - One Tree Hill
5 - WTSHNN
6 - God's Country
7 - Running to stand still
8 - Red Hill Mining Town
9 - Trip
10 - ISHFWILF
11 - Bullet the Blue Sky

Tyagu_Anaykus said:

For me its just about the songs and I really don't like the Unforgetable Fire songs. Hell, I don't even like the studio version of Bad but you never saw me bashing the album openly (what I wrote before was just a response)and everytime an AB thread is open here it comes Axver to bash it. Hell when it was AB birthday Axver came in to say and I quote "happy f***** birthday to the most overrated album of all time!!" I know everyone have the right to express its opinions but that was disrespectful... from my point of view... (I hope he doesn't come in to say my that my point of view is stupid like he loves to do...)... I know it is just about tastes and flavours but he could try to show a little more respect because every critic he does to AB are destructive not constructive...

PS -> AB isn't flawless but, again, tell an album that it is...

and please lets just talk about the thread...

I'm fine with that because he backs it up with good arguments about what he doesn't like about it. It's OK by me. There's a lot more direspectful things going on in this forum. If someone starts a thread it shouldn't be about everyone agreeing with them. The "Achtung Baby is Great" Thread is going to have people talking about the flipside and how it's not. Big deal.

Tyagu_Anaykus said:

...everytime an AB thread is open here it comes Axver to bash it. Hell when it was AB birthday Axver came in to say and I quote "happy f***** birthday to the most overrated album of all time!!" I know everyone have the right to express its opinions but that was disrespectful... from my point of view... (I hope he doesn't come in to say my that my point of view is stupid like he loves to do...)... I know it is just about tastes and flavours but he could try to show a little more respect because every critic he does to AB are destructive not constructive...

Couldn't have said it better. We are all tired of his AB bashing.

chucky28 said:

Couldn't have said it better. We are all tired of his AB bashing.

And I'm tired of all of your AB praising. What the hell is your point?

Axver said:

And I'm tired of all of your AB praising. What the hell is your point?

Won't even answer this. If you don't understand my point, just go back to your old posts my friend.

chucky28 said:

Won't even answer this. If you don't understand my point, just go back to your old posts my friend.

To me, it sounds like your saying he can't say it anymore because he's in the minority.

phillyfan26 said:

To me, it sounds like your saying he can't say it anymore because he's in the minority.

Precisely. Some people just want AB to be praised and can't handle a dissenting opinion. I'm sick of that. This forum's overwhelming "AB is the best thing ever" bias is tiresome.

phillyfan26 said:

Not at all. He is entitled to his opinion like we all are. The thing is : I am not praising AB all the time even though I love the album. His bashing is getting old. We all got he doesn't like the album. But no need to rehash this constantly in EVERY post relating to AB. Understand better now? :wink:

chucky28 said:

Not at all. He is entitled to his opinion like we all are. The thing is : I am not praising AB all the time even though I love the album. His bashing is getting old. We all got he doesn't like the album. But no need to rehash this constantly in EVERY post relating to AB. Understand better now? :wink:

... sure. AB praising is run of the mill on this forum. I don't bash it all that often at all, and certainly not with the everyday regularity you imply. However, I will often contribute a dissenting opinion for the sake of discussion and to provide a different viewpoint, as it's rather boring when the only comments are endless praise and bleating.

Axver said:

... sure. AB praising is run of the mill on this forum. I don't bash it all that often at all, and certainly not with the everyday regularity you imply. However, I will often contribute a dissenting opinion for the sake of discussion and to provide a different viewpoint, as it's rather boring when the only comments are endless praise and bleating.

That's fair enough,

I mean let's face it this thread is pretty boring ranking achtung and JT songs has been done a million times over (no offense to the thread starter some people love ranking songs over and over.) But it's good to get a bit of an argument going. Even if Axvers Achtung Baby bashing does go a bit overbored. It's really interesting, U2 fans tastes are so diverse and different. One mans wild honey is another mans bad i guess

Last edited:
Axver said:

I think a dissenting opinion is very good especially if it is well thought out. Besides, I haven't seen so October love in awhile. The great thing about these dicussions is that you go back and listen to something you might not have in awhile and looked at an album or sog from a different POV.

1. So Cruel
2. One
3. The Fly
4. Trying To Throw your arms around the world
5. Until The End of the world
6. Love is Blindness
7. Zoo Station
8. Whos gonna ride your wild horses
9. Ultraviolet
10. Acrobat
11. Mysterious Ways
12. Even better than the real thing

Axver said:

What the hell is your point?

Why be so rude?

And to everyone...

Some people like albums, some people don't. Feel free to debate and share your opinions...NICELY.

Hmmmmm....here ya go ,

01 - The Fly
02 - Ultra Violet
03 - UTEOTW
04 - Myst.Ways
05 - Love Is Blindness
06 - Zoo Station
07 - Acrobat
08 - One
09- WGRYWH
10 - So Cruel
11 - TTTYAATW
12 - EBTTRT

That`s the studio versions offcourse....!

Cheers ,

Mauwer

Bonochick said:

Why be so rude?

And to everyone...

Some people like albums, some people don't. Feel free to debate and share your opinions...NICELY.

Thanks you Moderator. I just tried to tell Axver that we were a bit tired of his constant bashing of the album. I guess he can't accept that he is wrong sometimes...

chucky28 said:

Thanks you Moderator. I just tried to tell Axver that we were a bit tired of his constant bashing of the album. I guess he can't accept that he is wrong sometimes...

:yes:

chucky28 said:

Yes, and maybe you need to be reminded that you are not a mod. You weren't telling him that, you were trying to tell him what he can and cannot post.

phillyfan26 said:

Yes, and maybe you need to be reminded that you are not a mod. You weren't telling him that, you were trying to tell him what he can and cannot post.

Not at all. Don't try to put words in my mouth. I explained myself in the previous post. If you wanna imply some false things, be my guest. I really don't give a damn.

Back
Top Bottom