Project Zero One / Songs of Ascent / New Album Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When stuff like this appears on an Amazon site and then disappears, I usually think it's because someone realized they weren't supposed to put it on the site yet. Oops.

Didn't that happen with WAIE, too?

Y, and I think I actually pre-ordered it, only to have it cancelled later when they removed the listing.

I don't think "the U2 machine" has been the first to announce anything since...well, ever. Remember, you can't spell "You are 2 incompetent" without "U2.com".

:lol: :up:
Totally agree, but you know what i mean - is there a chance the amazon listing was taken down because u2's management don't want the surprise spoiled?

:lol: :up:
Totally agree, but you know what i mean - is there a chance the amazon listing was taken down because u2's management don't want the surprise spoiled?

Too late!

But wouldn't it be so cool to go to U2.com for once and see news that was nowhere else... like as in a new album with the cover art, name, and release date??? One can wish.

Yeah, totally!...
I remember making a thread on the @u2 forum about how the next album would do much better than NLOTH (and, it would just be cooler for us fans) if the band had clever, or at least competent marketing this time round.
It would be great if u2.com was the first to give us the vital info, rather than merely confirming something we've known for months... it would just be more exciting!

^ you added the dot nirniva :lol:

It has happened before that bands get those things pulled to save the announcement. Far more likely than it being wrong. There would have to be some solid knowledge for amazon to put it up in the first place

^ you added the dot nirniva :lol:

It has happened before that bands get those things pulled to save the announcement. Far more likely than it being wrong. There would have to be some solid knowledge for amazon to put it up in the first place

In that case, it being taken down makes me more excited :up:

What I'd like to know is if the listing on Amazon.de was a reactionary guess in response to McG's interview ("Hey, he said May 27th, let's put it up!"), or was it an "oops, that wasn't supposed to go up yet" kind of thing.

What I'd like to know is if the listing on Amazon.de was a reactionary guess in response to McG's interview ("Hey, he said May 27th, let's put it up!"), or was it an "oops, that wasn't supposed to go up yet" kind of thing.

Did McGee state a specific date or was it just "before the U.S. dates". Not sure where Amazon got the May 27 date from.

It seems like the latter to me, based on a statement given to NME by "U2's spokeperson."

As has been widely reported U2 are in the studio working on a new record but no release date has been set.

U2 to release new album on May 27? | News | NME.COM

...So happy to have vague tidbits to speculate about... :hyper:

if the date of May 27 is real, i would expect the real news to pick up in about a month and a half. it's quite possible that news will be quiet over that span as well. when NLOTH came out at the end of February 2009, i clearly remember the months of November and December 2008 being very quiet until around Xmas when Q magazine did the album preview.

so if we don't get anymore news this month, i don't want any of you jumping off a bridge.

Yeah, totally!...
I remember making a thread on the @u2 forum about how the next album would do much better than NLOTH (and, it would just be cooler for us fans) if the band had clever, or at least competent marketing this time round.
It would be great if u2.com was the first to give us the vital info, rather than merely confirming something we've known for months... it would just be more exciting!

Yes, and perhaps in an email to all the members. And that before any other news papers are warned. And in that email, a short clip of the lead single. Oh yeah!

If this happened, I would feel more connected to U2 the band. As it is now, I feel like u2.com and u2 are two completely different things. It is like a fan page, and u2 do not communicate at all through their webpage (to be fair, it did happen, though). It's like U2 hired someone to make a webpage, and then they just forgot about it or don't care about it. You know. Just like God did it.

I actually like Project Zero One as a title. It sounds a bit... futuristic :)

But I don't think it will be the album title.

songs of ascent as the title has gone out the window according to this article U2 confirma nuevo disco para mayo - Vanguardia

here's a translation from google:
The group's manager, Paul McGuinness, he said that the launch will be in the month in which the band will perform three nights at the Estadio Azteca

* Photo: Vanguard / File

Recommend
retweet

MEXICO CITY-The U2 manager Paul McGuinness, confirmed that the new album Bono, The Edge, Adam Clayton and Larry Mullen Jr. to come to light in May, coinciding with the passage by Mexico of the American stage the 360 Tour, which will be staged on 11, 14 and 15 of the same month in the Azteca Stadium in Mexico City.

During a conference in Cannes, France, within the fair Midem, McGuinness gave the scoop and even revealed that the new album is almost finished and the alignment currently works from his studio in southern France to put the finishing touches to the new songs.

McGuinness, considered the fifth member of U2 since the birth of the group in 1976, said that is produced by Danger Mouse and noted that it is almost certainly not be called "Songs Of Ascent", something that had been speculating since you months.

Recently, Amazon's website in Germany generated great excitement among the fans of U2 to publish the new album was scheduled to be sold on 27 May.

This is the thirteenth studio album by Irish band after "No Line On The Horizon", published in February 2009.

songs of ascent as the title has gone out the window according to this article U2 confirma nuevo disco para mayo - Vanguardia

here's a translation from google:
The group's manager, Paul McGuinness, he said that the launch will be in the month in which the band will perform three nights at the Estadio Azteca

* Photo: Vanguard / File

Recommend
retweet

MEXICO CITY-The U2 manager Paul McGuinness, confirmed that the new album Bono, The Edge, Adam Clayton and Larry Mullen Jr. to come to light in May, coinciding with the passage by Mexico of the American stage the 360 Tour, which will be staged on 11, 14 and 15 of the same month in the Azteca Stadium in Mexico City.

During a conference in Cannes, France, within the fair Midem, McGuinness gave the scoop and even revealed that the new album is almost finished and the alignment currently works from his studio in southern France to put the finishing touches to the new songs.

McGuinness, considered the fifth member of U2 since the birth of the group in 1976, said that is produced by Danger Mouse and noted that it is almost certainly not be called "Songs Of Ascent", something that had been speculating since you months.

Recently, Amazon's website in Germany generated great excitement among the fans of U2 to publish the new album was scheduled to be sold on 27 May.

This is the thirteenth studio album by Irish band after "No Line On The Horizon", published in February 2009.

Wow, so apparently the album will be out before even the mexico dates? Then it really will be the beginning of may :hyper:

Yes, and perhaps in an email to all the members. And that before any other news papers are warned. And in that email, a short clip of the lead single. Oh yeah!

If this happened, I would feel more connected to U2 the band. As it is now, I feel like u2.com and u2 are two completely different things. It is like a fan page, and u2 do not communicate at all through their webpage (to be fair, it did happen, though). It's like U2 hired someone to make a webpage, and then they just forgot about it or don't care about it. You know. Just like God did it.

Yeah, i agree, it feels very much like a product put out by the band, which they have no interest in. It's a shame, because it's such a great opportunity for the band to connect on a more personal level with their fans - imagine if they wrote posts on the site themselves, describing what they were up to in the studio or something? Imagine if we heard, directly from them in a video on u2.com, what the album is gonna be called and when it's released? :hmm:

Yeah, i agree, it feels very much like a product put out by the band, which they have no interest in. It's a shame, because it's such a great opportunity for the band to connect on a more personal level with their fans - imagine if they wrote posts on the site themselves, describing what they were up to in the studio or something? Imagine if we heard, directly from them in a video on u2.com, what the album is gonna be called and when it's released? :hmm:

I don't think they're are not interested in the website because I'm sure they know how important the online presence is these days. Maybe the website administrator is at a place with a great time difference or maybe he's just not really upto his job?

But again, we cannot read their minds unfortunately :(

Wow, so apparently the album will be out before even the mexico dates? Then it really will be the beginning of may :hyper:

That's not what I read in the Google translated (from Spanish) article that is based on a (probably translated) German article.
The Spanish article says that the release is in the same month as the Mexico dates, thus coinciding with those dates. Not before, but in the same month. And May 27th is in the same month as the Mexico dates.

"The Alignment?"

I thought Danger Mouse was producing, not "The Alignment."

The band wanted a name change, so they played around with Google translate.

imagine if they wrote posts on the site themselves, describing what they were up to in the studio or something? Imagine if we heard, directly from them in a video on u2.com, what the album is gonna be called and when it's released? :hmm:

You mean like U2 > News > 'We're Coming Back...' ?
(I'm not going to link to all those Adam Clayton vids he made, too many)

That's not what I read in the Google translated (from Spanish) article that is based on a (probably translated) German article.
The Spanish article says that the release is in the same month as the Mexico dates, thus coinciding with those dates. Not before, but in the same month. And May 27th is in the same month as the Mexico dates.

The band wanted a name change, so they played around with Google translate.

Ah, i see, but surely if the album 'coincides' with the mexico dates, it would come out at least at the same time, if not before? I don't see something coming out several weeks later as coinciding :shrug:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom