Possibly the least popular U2 song?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
Do you think The Wanderer is the least popular one of all? I won't say most underrated because I'm not that crazy about it but I do like it for Cash's vocals, the lyrics and the atmosphere. And of course that wicked wicked siren! :mac:

The only thing I like about the song is the bad ass beeping and the lyrics. Other than that...can't stand it.

Kinda like me and Miami (my mammy :wink: ). The only thing I like about that one is the bass and the drums.

Zootlesque said:
Do you think The Wanderer is the least popular one of all? I won't say most underrated because I'm not that crazy about it but I do like it for Cash's vocals, the lyrics and the atmosphere. And of course that wicked wicked siren! :mac:
It's probably my 3rd or 4th favorite off of Zooropa. :reject:

"The Wanderer" is one of the best songs on that album. Tied with "Lemon" and "Stay," at least.

I think the least popular is Vertigo because of the ipod commercial during the MLB playoffs.

People hated it!

GibsonGirl said:
The only thing I like about the song is the bad ass beeping and the lyrics. Other than that...can't stand it.

Kinda like me and Miami (my mammy :wink: ). The only thing I like about that one is the bass and the drums.

Miami is such a bad-ass rockin'freakapotamus-tacular song!!! :rockon: Too bad, it has the words My mammy, that have to be one of the worst, if not the worst lyric ever. :wink:

Define "least popular." Among U2 fans? Among non-fans? Among Johnny Cash fans? :wink:

I like The Wanderer but I will admit to skipping over it probably half the time when I listen to Zooropa. That siren freaks me out, for one thing. And I love the way the long fade out of Dirty Day blends into the beginning of Zooropa, if I skip The Wnderer.

miss becky said:
Define "least popular." Among U2 fans? Among non-fans? Among Johnny Cash fans? :wink:

Well... most non-fans probably don't even know the song. Cash fans I'm guessing, prefer his other popular ones like I've Been Everywhere or Ring Of Fire. So yeah, among U2 fans, and on this website! Oh, I have to add that I just love his version of One and prefer it to the Wanderer.

i don't like the wanderer all that much, but if we had to go with a least popular song, i'd say people would say red light or the refugee. i don't know, which one do you guys hate more? i'd say the refugee is the worst of the two, but there are other songs of theirs i like less. :shrug:

there's a radio station that is in the middle of switching formats :rant: but they're kinda like AOR right now. and they play at least one U2 album a day. at first they played war every day, then they played rattle and hum yesterday. today they played the joshua tree, after they'd gotten done playing ghost in the machine. :love:

anyway, yeah, i'd say the refugee.

Nostradamus said:
The answer is Miami. Every U2 album has its turd, and suprisingly The Playboy Mansion is eclipsed (ellipsed?) by this abomination.

My Mammy?... My Ass.

:madspit:

The my mammy slip aside, how can you not like at least this section of the song.

Got the car and the car chase
What's he got inside the case
I want a close up of that face
Here comes the car chase...

(The Edge :mac: :rockon: :mac: :rockon: :mac: :rockon: )

and of course the Levee Breaks bit.

Do you mean least popular as in least liked or least popular as in know one knows about it?

least liked: Miami, Grace, Love Rescue Me, Red Light
least known: probly some obscure B-Sides and stuff like Touch, Things to Make and Do, Treasure, Beat on the brat.

id say the least liked U2 song is Miami, followed closely by Red Light.

of the other songs mentioned here, i really like Grace and With a Shout, while Playboy Mansion and The Refugee are okay.

My least favorite U2 song is Fortunate Son. In fact, "least favorite" is not even close to being accurate. I LOATHE that song. But that's a cover, so it may not count. So my least favorite U2 original songs are Red Light and Grace.

Have to say that for me it's the soul-destroying "Sweetest Thing". Appreciate the sentiment behind the song, but......
(or maybe it's just because boyzone were in the video!)

I could never get into When Love Comes to Town.

Lyrically, I think it's brilliant, and one of Bono's best works.

I just have a hard time listening to BB sing the chorus, and Bono singing his "hey-ey-eyyeeeee yeah"

You can throw Red Light, Miami, and Daddy's gonna pay for your crashed car (uh huh.. .shala) on that list also.

Last edited:
unosdostres14 said:
I think the least popular is Vertigo because of the ipod commercial during the MLB playoffs.

People hated it!

That is a dumb statement, it is still getting serious radio play.

Anyway, I have no idea what the least popular would be, probably something off October as someone else said (or Passengers if that is counted), just because they are the least popular albums. That said, people routinely complain about The Refugee, Red Light, Trip Through Your Wires, Miami, The Playboy Mansion, Wild Honey, Peace on Earth, Grace and even Elevation! Not going to mention anything off the new album just because everyone is talking about it so much right now that it is probably skewed.

To the casual fan, Discotheque may be the least popular single.

Just for the record, I like most of those songs.

I'm actually rather fond of Miami in an ironic love-to-hate-it way, although I bought Pop in order to hear it, and it sucked... but I did get hooked on The Playboy Mansion, which besides being the most bizarre song in history, is also just about the best song I could ever have discovered.

unosdostres14 said:

People hated it!

They did? I adored it! It's the first and only place I ever heard it, and I was smitten. If it hadn't been for those commercials, I might never have become the U2 fan I am now. I mean, I was already a fan, but I didn't have a clue who they really were. So I have a lot to be grateful for :) For weeks I was glued to the TV... watching and waiting...

I haven't heard that many of their songs overall, but out of what I have heard I guess I'd say Miami is personally my least popular, and I'm clearly not alone. I end up switching off before the end, I just can't listen to for long. It's just the music, it puts me off. Otherwise it'd be a great song.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom