Peace on Earth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joerags

War Child
I think the song, "Peace on Earth" is way better than SYCMIOYO. PoE should've been released as a single. I think it would have done way better than SYCMIOYO. Though I like SYCMIOYO, I can see some people getting tired of hearing that song, including myself. Some, not all. I know many people love SYCMIOYO. But to me, I could never get tired of Peace on Earth. It's such a beautiful song.

BTW, I am still fuming about ATYCLB not winning the grammy for Album of the Year. How can an album that won grammies for FOUR different songs, including TWO for Best Record, not win Album of the Year. And those grammy-winning songs don't include Kite, Peace on Earth, When I Look at the World, which are awesome songs.

People bash Peace On Earth way too much. Beautiful song. :up:

(Though I don't see how it even compares to an absolute gem like SYCMIOYO.)

Peace on Earth is lovely... one of my favorites on ATYCLB along with Beautiful Day, Walk On and New York. I think many people dismiss it as being too preachy without really listening to it. Very very underrated!

the tourist said:
It's probably one of ten U2 songs I tend to skip over.... :reject:

:shame: ...:lol:

I like Peace on Earth very much, but to say that it is better than SYCMIOYO:no:

I like Peace On Earth, actually I like it a lot!!! It is underrated , I agree!! But at the moment I think SYCMIOYO is better, much more powerful!

I like Peace on Earth a lot and I never understood why so many people seemed so down on the song. I think some of the lyrics are a bit clunky, but the music itself is lovely.

However, it is nowhere near as good as Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own.

joerags said:
I think the song, "Peace on Earth" is way better than SYCMIOYO. PoE should've been released as a single. I think it would have done way better than SYCMIOYO. Though I like SYCMIOYO, I can see some people getting tired of hearing that song, including myself. Some, not all. I know many people love SYCMIOYO. But to me, I could never get tired of Peace on Earth. It's such a beautiful song.

BTW, I am still fuming about ATYCLB not winning the grammy for Album of the Year. How can an album that won grammies for FOUR different songs, including TWO for Best Record, not win Album of the Year. And those grammy-winning songs don't include Kite, Peace on Earth, When I Look at the World, which are awesome songs.

i think POE is underrated, as is the album. Lovely song:up:
However it pales in comparison to the fabulous SYCMIOYO.

The thing is ATYCLB is bursting with songs that have chart potential and are radio-friendly(which is hardly a bad thing) so i guess PoE would have been very low in the pecking order of single candidates.
The first 4 songs apart, Kite, IALW and When I Look at the world would probably have been considered ahead of PoE.

Totally agree that ATYCLB should have won the album of the year award.

Worst song on ATYCLB. Only sing I never listen to, although I liked how they used a snippet of it on the Elevation tour.

Great song...however I always felt that Sometimes did pretty well as a single. Maybe not chart wise, but I remember it getting a ton of radio play, still does.

Peace on Earth is definitely not one of my favourites songs. It's not because of being to preechy, but that instrumental... It could me more...raw and less estatic. On the other hand, Bono told once that if he knew someone that made a song called "Peace on Earth", he would call him nerd and slap his face (these are not the exact words, but I remember that it was something like that... lol), and I can't agree more. What a crap and boring title...
By the way, the feeling is intense and the atmosphere of the song is very nice

Back
Top Bottom