OMG! I Am Getting The Vertigo Single On Friday!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Murray

Acrobat
So, today, I called my local indie. record store to see if they had the promo vinyl "Vertigo" single, and he replied:

"No, we won't be getting the vinyl, but we will have the CD single on Friday."

I almost yelled, and I asked him to call me when they get it in!!!!!

So, I will let all y'all know how it sounds on FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!

No, they're not.

Do you people honestly think we wouldn't have known about it if the CD single was coming that soon?

I wouldn't think the CDs and 45s on eBay are fake...I dunno, I don't really look at everything with a fine tooth comb! But I thought they were just the one track promos, they look pretty genuine to me...i dunno...

Those CD's on ebay are PROMO CD's. They're the ones sent to radio stations, music journalists, etc. Of course a few always end up being available on ebay and other places, and some (especially vinil editions) can become valuable for collectors.

They are not the general release single, which will only be available next month, and they don't contain b-sides or any other extra material.

DaveC said:
Wow. What a terrible liar. :|

I am actually serious. Wether it's just a radio promo single or the actual single, he said he'd have it. Maybe he was lying, but I, my friend, I am not.

Jaxx said:
Those CD's on ebay are PROMO CD's. They're the ones sent to radio stations, music journalists, etc. Of course a few always end up being available on ebay and other places, and some (especially vinil editions) can become valuable for collectors.

They are not the general release single, which will only be available next month, and they don't contain b-sides or any other extra material.

exactly...I'm guessing people thought he was referring to the actual singles that are supposed to be out in November...

Joshua Tree Hugger- 45s are singles. 7" records that play at 45rpm, hence them being referred to as 45s. :)

DaveC said:
No, they're not.

Do you people honestly think we wouldn't have known about it if the CD single was coming that soon?

What they are selling on eBay is NOT the CD single. They are selling the one-track PROMO of "Vertigo". This is why the CD's are selling for $50-100. Promos are far more rare. As it's only one track, I recommend only the truest of die-hard collectors buy this. There appears to be nothing special about the promo other than the fact it's a promo. Most of us should just wait for the real CD/DVD singles.

u2ulysses said:

What they are selling on eBay is NOT the CD single. They are selling the one-track PROMO of "Vertigo". This is why the CD's are selling for $50-100. Promos are far more rare. As it's only one track.

Exactly...again...

Well, I've gotten really lucky with this and a friend of my in NY was able to get his hands on a promo CD and is mailing it to me today, (since he's really not a die-hard collector).

I'm thinking it will sound exactly like the mp3 we've all gotten but it will be interesting anyway.

Back
Top Bottom