Non-Single Survivor: Grand Final

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for the song you consider to be the WORST.

• Running To Stand Still

Votes: 43 39.8%
  • Zoo Station

Votes: 65 60.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
God Part III said:
It should have been Electric Co. vs. Zooropa.

How did Zoo Station get this far?:sad:

You tell me.

You were the one who called this an incredible song :shrug: :wink:

If RRTS doest win, I dont know what I am going to do, but I must warn you, it might very well involve a very angry letter to u2.com for no other reason then to vent at u2.com.

I almost thought about voting for "Running To Stand Still" just to make things close, but I decided to be truthful about things.

And lucky for me, it ended up quite close.

These 2 songs are for sure the most deserving of the bunch (except maybe kite):

My vote goes to Running to Standstill (which is much better live)

ZOO STATION is the best non single

Wow....People are being rather grumpy....

I voted for Zoo Station..because RTSS is a good song...I'm just curious if people out there REALLY feel as strongly about it being awful and undeserving as they say they do. :hmm:

pepokiss said:
If you're pissed off because ZOOROPA got out, vote for Zoo Station to win :mad:

RTSS :madspit:

Why, because they share the same first syllable?

Zooropa stomps all over Zoo Station. In fact, Zooropa stomps all over most songs. It's a great song in every single way, a brilliant piece of art.

I voted for Zoo Station. Out of these two, although I love them both, I think RTSS is better. However, I don't think either one of them is the best non-single in U2's catalog.

Well I vote for Zoo Station, it's really dull on the album and I don't see how it could possibly go this far, but now I wonder where the hell Until The End Of The World is because it would have won a landslide I think?

"Until The End Of The World" has a music video (in fact, two). If a song has a music video, it's automatically ineligible in the competition. Granted, it would've easily won this.

BigMacPhisto said:
Granted, it would've easily won this.

Which is exactly why we brought in the music video rule: to get rid of the "big hitters" like Bad, UTEOTW, and Gone. I think it made the entire thing more interesting.

Nisse said:

Isn't that just a filmed live performance? We're not excluding a song just because it happened to be filmed live, otherwise we wouldn't have much left. I've never heard of that performance being used as a proper music video.

But you know what? It's a bit late to bring this up, isn't it? Everyone had PLENTY OF TIME to speak up and suggest changes to the criteria and included songs before the competition began. We weren't hiding the bloody discussion; it dragged on forever. But no, here you people are, still going on about the criteria and included songs in the GRAND FINAL. BIT LATE.

Now you see why I won't be running this next time, if indeed there is a next time.

Zoo Station. :madspit:

Zooropa or Electric Co. should've probably won, now that I think about it. Though from these choices, the choice is clear. Zoo Station's total cheese compared to Running to Stand Still.

Axver said:

Isn't that just a filmed live performance? We're not excluding a song just because it happened to be filmed live, otherwise we wouldn't have much left. I've never heard of that performance being used as a proper music video.

But you know what? It's a bit late to bring this up, isn't it? Everyone had PLENTY OF TIME to speak up and suggest changes to the criteria and included songs before the competition began. We weren't hiding the bloody discussion; it dragged on forever. But no, here you people are, still going on about the criteria and included songs in the GRAND FINAL. BIT LATE.

Now you see why I won't be running this next time, if indeed there is a next time.

Axver, we're sending you a Blue Ribbon in the mail. "Best Survivor Poll-Runner Ever." I'm also going to mail a signed statement from Edge saying they're gonna play OTH for you.

:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom