Mysterious Post from U2.com Editorial Team

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sallycinnamon78

New Yorker
http://www.u2.com/bbs/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=75326&Main=75326#Post75326

Dear All

A quick note of explanation from the U2.Com team in response to some of the posts of late.

At U2.Com we aim to achieve two - sometimes contradictory - goals.

We try to be first with the news on the band... and we also try to be accurate!

And as fans really need an online source that they can trust for the latest information on U2, accuracy very occassionally trumps speed.

In short, when we post a story at U2.Com you can trust that it is true.

That said, there are some stories we choose not to publish. There are a dozen rumours a day about what Larry, Adam, Bono or Edge might be doing next - usually they are no more than rumours and we never hear about them again.

In 2005 we’re going to be publishing hundreds of stories about exciting developments from U2. We don’t want to waste your time by publishing online rumours that turn out to be complete bull!

Hope this clarifies any confusion, best wishes

Editorial Team, U2.Com

Shouldn't U2.com be close enough to the band that they know what is and isn't news-versus-bull before they publish it, rather than having to hold back in case it might be inaccurate?

I found that whilst wandering aimlessly around Zootopia. Don't know if they are refering to anything specific, but I thought I'd bring it here for everyone to have a sniff at.

Given the date of it, i'd imagine it was in response to all of the threads that were speculating about Edge and his family... I remember alot being rife at the time. It's somewhat of a cryptic message though, so who knows.

Yeah, it's refering to the Edge's family and such........obviously, the U2.com team might occasionally know something that we don't know and they won't post it, but we have to respect the band member's privacy....

Back
Top Bottom