Miracle Mercy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheFlyOnTheWall

Refugee
I didn't listen to the album yet, but I have heard Mercy. It's a really great song, reminds me of WOWY (though, of yourse, it's not as good :wink: ). So, I was thinking if you could compare that song with Miracle Drug. I know that Mercy is B-side material, but how much better is the Drug?:drool:

Just 7 more days...:mad:

Mercy isn't b-side material, I think it should have been on the album, with a little more production. It's such a good song, although I think MD is better. I see why "Fast Cars" didnt make it because it sounds so different than the album, although I like it. But "Mercy" would have been fine, they should have put 12 tracks on HTDAAB.

Well in my opinion Miracle Drug is the best song they have done in over 10 years, so yeah I think it is better than MErcy.

Miracle Drug's chorus is joygasmic. So moving.

Mercy's chorus is probably the most moving piece of music I have heard since... the new mellinium! I LOVE IT!! YOU FOOLS, PUT IT ON THE ALBUM!! WHY U2 WHY!!?

I like all of the songs on the album. I still think Mercy should be on there as well. What is wrong with a 12 song album? Yeah yeah... all that stuff about it being too long and 'too much of a good thing is a bad thing'. I don't give a rat's arse!

Miracle Drug is far superior as far as song arrangement goes. Mercy is more of an in-depth song. Miracle Drug hits you with a ton of bricks you when you first hear it. I'm not joking, if you have an ounce of emotion, it will make you cry.

I believe Miracle Drug is definitely better than Mercy. MD has a better melody (for your senses) and a higher cause (for your mind as well as emotions).

I do like that opening guitar riff on Mercy better. However, the slide guitar solo on MD carries so much feeling, which then leads to an intense guitar build up to The Edge singing the bridge.

Yeah, MD is better for me. :up:

Thanks to you U2SJ and Spanisheyes for sharing it with us! (by the way where does Spanisheyes post these days? I miss Chris's wonderful writing).

I agree with you Mercy and Miracle are my 2 current favourites from Atomic Bomb. Incredible music!

One thing I'm having a difficulty with is where to place Mercy on the album. Where would you place it?

Mercy is the better song.

Miracle Drug is great, but one of my least favorites on the album. The solo at the end is the thing that saves it from being just good.

i'm all about 'mercy' :)bow: U2SJ), but the drug does not disappoint. emotionally powerful, soaring song. gorgeous music.

the songs are in your eyes
i see them when you smile...

I would place Mercy at the very end. Very moving song, and it is cool how it fades out with Bono saying "again and again..." sorta like him telling us to play the CD over again (not that he would have to tell me to do that:wink: )

I prefer Miracle drug... I instantly loved it the first time I heard HTDAAB, it's just amazing... :heart:

Having said that, Mercy is also fabulous! :lol: So much great stuff, my brain is gonna overload soon... ;)

MatejU2 said:
could be mercy hidden track:eyebrow:

Would be great, but it's too long (the longest song on the album) so the album would again be 3 min short from an hour... :mad: (not that I mind).
Maybe some instrumental or sth after Yahweh? :ohmy:

Miracle Drug has more highs, and is generally a more polished song than Mercy.

I like Mercy, but some of the lyrics i could do without...If i am water, than you are ice.....corny

U2Soar said:
Thanks to you U2SJ and Spanisheyes for sharing it with us! (by the way where does Spanisheyes post these days? I miss Chris's wonderful writing).

I agree with you Mercy and Miracle are my 2 current favourites from Atomic Bomb. Incredible music!

One thing I'm having a difficulty with is where to place Mercy on the album. Where would you place it?

After a lot of thought, lol, I think Im gonna leave it right where I mysteriously found it!:yes: Since the 1st time I heard the album it played all 12 songs through with Mercy on the end of it, it was like thats the way its supposed to be for me :) So Im gonna leave it as my album closer :love: I love it I love it I love it!!! :heart:

miracle drug is 10 times better than mercy mercy doesn't sound bad at all i dont see it as a B-side it's too good for that bud i also don't see it as an album track because it is not on one line with the other songs on the album

Mercy is an excellent b-side...but nothing more. Miracle Drug is a fantastic song, in my top 5. Absolutely no contest!

Ok U2SJ – two votes now for Mercy as the final track.

I didn’t ask where you got it – just thanking you for sharing it. You’re a great fan who deserved to “mysteriously” receive it!

(by the way where does Spanisheyes post these days? I miss Chris's wonderful writing). I’d love to read his review of the new album.

Back
Top Bottom