Miracle Drug appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love the song too. Apart from the music, the lyrics are so beautiful and such a fascinating story behind it.
It's interesting that Bono is feeling the need to explain the lyrics in interviews and even performances. In fact I only began to really love the song after I heard the live performances of it.

No, I wasn't being sarcastic, I'm not smart enough to be sarcastic.

As for Please and Miracle Drug....that's a toss up for me. I love Please, but I need some more time with Miracle Drug to decide whether or not it's up there with Please. Time does tell...if it will stand the test of time....(now that's sarcastic).

the best song of the album

MY CHOICE FOR TOUR OPENER (then hitting Vertigo)

SOME OF THE BEST LYRICS EVER (since Acrobat)

In the part where Edge sings, I just can see it in my head, Bono watching him like he was watching him when singing in The Fly in the Zoo TV video... like smilling, kinda leaning back.. waiting for his turn... AMAZING!!!!!!

If it's the tour opener, the "I was a stranger, you took me in" part from the Edge should be sing by Bono and Edge and say: "WE were strangers, you took US in", like a thank you to the fans

that... :|

Hmmm... I never really thought of using this song as an opener on tour, but the more I think about it the better it sounds! Cool stuff. I am still hoping they open shows with LAPOE though :wink:

I love it! The only problem I have with it is a small one: the ending is too abrupt and anticlimactic.

it's a sad day when U2 fans think this is one of the strongest songs in their catalog. It's a NICE song.

John Denver is nice.

Its an effortless song. It sounds so simple and familiar. This is all in good way. This drug goes down so smooth all the different layers you discover later are a pleasant surprise.

Back
Top Bottom