MERGED-->Vertigo's lyrics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Man Ray

The Fly
Vertigo's lyrics

From U2france !

Lights go down it's dark
The jungle is your head, can't rule your heart
I'm feeling so much stronger than before
Your eyes are white(wide) ? ?
and though your soul can't be bought
you might be (wondered) ? ?
Chorus
Hello,Hello
Well I met a place called Vertigo
It's everything I wish I didn't know
It's you that gives me something
I can feel, feel

The night is full of holes
there is bullets rip the sky
on ink with gold
they twinkle
as the boys play rock and roll
they know they can't dance
at least they know
I can't stand the beat
I'm asking for the check
girl with crimson nails
Jesus around her neck
swinging to the music x2
Whoa x4
Chorus
Hello,Hello
It's everything I wish I didn't know
It's you that gives me something
I can feel, feel

break Bono mumbles sounds like names ? ?

Edge solo

All of us, all of us can feel( ? ?)x3
just give me what I want
and no one gets hurt

Hello,Hello
lights go down, and all I know
that it's you that gives me something
I can feel your love ( ? ?) to be fine
Your love is ( ? ?) to be fine
I can kneel( ? ?)
kneel( ? ?)
Yeah x16"

Vertigo Lyrics?

Saw this on both U2log and U2eastlink.
I don't know who posted them.
What do ya think?
http://www.u2world.com/news/article.php3?id_article=20511

Lights go down it’s dark
The jungle is your head, can’t rule your heart
I’m feeling so much stronger than before
Your eyes are white(wide)??
and though your soul can’t be bought
you might be (wondered)??
Chorus
Hello,Hello
Well I man a place called Vertigo
It’s everything I wish I didn’t know
It’s you that gives me something
I can feel, feel

The night is full of holes
there is bullets rip the sky
on ink with gold
they twinkle
as the boys play rock and roll
they know they can’t dance
at least they know
I can’t stand the beat
I’m asking for the check
girl with crimson nails
Jesus around her neck
swinging to the music x2
Whoa x4
Chorus
Hello,Hello
It’s everything I wish I didn’t know
It’s you that gives me something
I can feel, feel

break Bono mumbles sounds like names??

Edge solo

All of us, all of us can feel(??)x3
just give me what I want
and no one gets hurt

Hello,Hello
lights go down, and all I know
that it’s you that gives me something
I can feel your love (??) to be fine
Your love is (??) to be fine
I can kneel(??)
kneel(??)
Yeah x16"

What? You don't like Beeker? Meep, Meep?
Actually, he's starting to freak me out as well. I might have to change him soon.

Is this for real? where did U2France get these from?

I really dig that opening verse, very reflective of how they feel about themselves right now. Some of the lyrics are dark as well which is always nice to read!

They may be for real, but it's hard to say how accurate they are. Due to the excessive question marks, I don't think they were picking out these lyrics from a CD-quality recording. I'd just love to know where they found a full-length leak :)

Some of those lyrics are tight, some dark line's in there, quite trippy in places. I like 'em, if they're for real, even if they ain't they're pretty nice!

Maybe they got a listen of the song and had to write them down quickly and couldn't make them all out?

It's really starting to happen now, when lyrics leak an audio clip comes quickly after it! here's to hoping!

I dunno. It really doesn't sound like he's saying "I man a place called Vertigo" to me. "You're in a place called Vertigo" sounds right....

Hmm, I wish Edge would have done a really cool solo in this song, it seems that the little chord thing is all he did for a solo. I would have preferred if he did something more, he should stop holding back.

AussieU2fanman said:
Hmm, I wish Edge would have done a really cool solo in this song, it seems that the little chord thing is all he did for a solo. I would have preferred if he did something more, he should stop holding back.

Yeah, I know what you mean, maybe there's some nice guitar outro stuff.

Ah, if you go to u2france.com they have the SPANISH INTRO listed as well! I really thought it would be something different than"

"Uno,dos,tres,quatro
Turn it up loud, captain"

U2dork said:
Ah, if you go to u2france.com they have the SPANISH INTRO listed as well! I really thought it would be something different than"

"Uno,dos,tres,quatro
Turn it up loud, captain"

What a strange opening! I'm looking forward to hearin' that, I could imagine the guitar just ripping straight into it right after that.

turn it up loud captain?

i man a place called vertigo?

sounds like they're playin' on a boat or somethin...:scratch:

hannover.jpg

AussieU2fanman said:

Ahhh Don't agree there, that's what makes the Edge a special & great guitarist cos the sounds he gets and not flashy 100mph guitar work. Less is more, the most beautiful sounds the edge has got in the past have been simple things, like at the end of One. The song sounds great and a lot more exciting than Beautiful Day, with the clip I have heard by the Spanish guys.

pretty good lyrics, I think they would match the song really well. Interesting to see if these are the real ones. :eyebrow:

rjhbonovox said:

Ahhh Don't agree there, that's what makes the Edge a special & great guitarist cos the sounds he gets and not flashy 100mph guitar work. Less is more, the most beautiful sounds the edge has got in the past have been simple things, like at the end of One. The song sounds great and a lot more exciting than Beautiful Day, with the clip I have heard by the Spanish guys.

Actually I don't even agree with myself, you are right. I have been listening to that little solo thing during the Vertigo clip and yes it does sound awsome even though he's not playing a million miles an hour, it really encompasses and captures the esscence the song and is not 'disconnected' like traditional solos in other bands. Nice work Edge!

yeah 16x at the end? maybe they meant to write 6, likwe he does before he says, 'hello, hello', but does it twice to equal 6...who knows.

Back
Top Bottom