MERGED--> New Album In 2006???!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joey788

Refugee
New Album In 2006!

I found this on U2.com's forum.

Here is a bit of the interview from this months Q magazine

(During the flight, Bono wanders off to hold a brief meeting with the "brothers". He comes back to tell me they have decided to record a new album after the tour.)

Q Magazine: Are you really recording a new U2 album in 2006?

Bono: Yes, I want to serve these men. I want to go back to working for them. They're dignified men and we're onto something here. Edge has never played like this before. We need to record some songs where we dont respect the conventions too much. Let Edge run amok. And Larry. If we concentrate we might knock another extraordinary couple of albums out.

Sounds like we'll be getting an album sooner than we think!

Some nice quotes there..Bono's obviously taken note of the concerns over him not being around the band enough.

January, 2002: U2 back in the studio

Though it is barely a month since the third leg of U2's Elevation World Tour has ended, reports surface that the band is already in the studio working on new material for another album. "The band is so tight, coming straight off the tour. We've hit form," Bono tells Hot Press magazine.

Didn't they say this the past 4 albums? They always do this. Have a release-have a tour-say they have great songs-say it'll be out the next year, and then it always takes another year on top of when it's SUPPOSED to be out...I'll believe it when I see it.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
bono said towards the end of elevation that he wanted to get right back into the studio to capitalize on the momentum of the tour.

it took a good 3 years from that point for the album to come out

Headache in a Suitcase said:
bono said towards the end of elevation that he wanted to get right back into the studio to capitalize on the momentum of the tour.

it took a good 3 years from that point for the album to come out

Except this time Edge, Adam and Lillywhite all talked about the new album too.

Also, there was that bit of a problem with the producer of the album.

I agree with U2girl, if they get the combo with producers and what not right from the get-go, we could see an album by the end of next year, especially if they already have a bunch of songs left over from the HTDAAB sessions.

I think it's even possible that they've learned their lesson from the leaked beach recordings and they're doing things on the down low and we just haven't heard about it yet...
Well, on second thought, if that were true, Bono would have blabbed something about it by now.

:hyper:

Edge has said that he's been writing some good stuff, but needs to stop touring to really perfect it (which is why I originally doubted that the tour would go past the 3rd leg--alack, I was wrong! :wink: ).

While they did seem to have some great energy after last tour, it's true---Edge is on fire on this tour! And Adam has never looked happier. I wonder what Bono was hinting at about letting Larry let loose.....kinda surprising, given all the talk about his back & arms. :hmm:

not even Hamish Hamilton can ruin just how amazing Edge has been on this tour, no matter how hard Hamish might try ...

Bono said it, I don't believe it unless someone else does

but Edge is a friggin collossus onstage this tour, and Adam I saw has a pulse, while Larry is still awesome

and of course Bono's voice is the best since ZooTV ya'll, so I can see this being more realistic than his After-Elevation tour comments

How many times do we have to hear this B.S. from Bono before we come to our senses and realize it's NOT going to happen!?!?

Bono has always been very good about saying little things like this to keep the fans drooling, and then painfully making us wait YEARS for the actual result.

He has never given a reason to suspect his comments are true.

I'd like to imagine they'd record another album/use any brilliant 'How To...' leftovers in between tour legs or whatever ala Zooropa. But I doubt anything new's going to surface next year.

Zoocoustic said:
How many times do we have to hear this B.S. from Bono before we come to our senses and realize it's NOT going to happen!?!?

Bono has always been very good about saying little things like this to keep the fans drooling, and then painfully making us wait YEARS for the actual result.

He has never given a reason to suspect his comments are true.

Stop raining on our parade !11#!!!

We need to record some songs where we dont respect the conventions too much.

Hell YES. Shake it up, baby! *sings* Heehee.

I agree about Edge, he's just incredible. As are Larry and Adam (feels guilt hit her in waves)!

With the Edge being from a different planet this tour it makes sense to keep the momentum and record some new tunes. Even if its just an EP of sort.

I like the comments made by Bono. BUT, it's kind of the same old thing. It's pretty close to the same comments he made leading up to the making and recording of Bomb.

I really really hope it's true. I will not get my hopes up though.

I think it would be cool to see if they could get some time in the studio while on the ROTW tour.

Back
Top Bottom