MERGED-->Levitate!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmm..I think that songs like those just don't fit the current, more straightforward U2 style...I bet we will see songs like those on a U2 album again in the future.

honestly, whether we get them on the album or through itunes, what is the difference?
we have them either way and they are awesome songs.
i am definitely in agreement that they are better than some of the tunes they actually put on ATYCLB and HTDAAB, but in the end i am so happy to have mercy, levitate, smile, flower child, etc. that i could care less if they were on any album or not.
:)

(okay maybe mercy is not a good example--it did appear mysteriously and NOT on itunes, but somehow that mystery makes me love it even more.)

Last edited:
hmmm...I just realized that we are really the only people in the world (this online fan community) besides U2 and a few other peolpe that have EVER heard Mercy. Like, someone could ask me, "Hey what's your favorite song?", and I could be like "Mercy, by U2" (not quite my favorite, but it's way up there). Then they'll be like "Never heard it, what album is it on?" And then I shall precede to chuckle mysteriously and slowly walk away from them. :hmm:

Mercy is unfinished. U2 need to put it away for a few months, then come back to it. Which is what they're doing. I love what I've heard, but what I hear is mainly potential, it's not finished. I can not wait until they finish Mercy, polish it up and release it, it's going to be one of their biggest hits. However, they burnt their fingers on Pop and they aren't going to make the same mistake twice, and I don't blame them.

It's NOT about playing it safe. It's about being anally-retentive perfectionists who will not settle with near-enough-is-good-enough. :wink: I love em for it.

Seriously guys, believe me when I say you'll be glad U2 held onto this one and worked on it some more.

And hey, you don't even know if it is indeed Mercy ... :eyebrow:

Indiana Jones said:
Mercy is unfinished. U2 need to put it away for a few months, then come back to it. Which is what they're doing. I love what I've heard, but what I hear is mainly potential, it's not finished. I can not wait until they finish Mercy, polish it up and release it, it's going to be one of their biggest hits. However, they burnt their fingers on Pop and they aren't going to make the same mistake twice, and I don't blame them.

It's NOT about playing it safe. It's about being anally-retentive perfectionists who will not settle with near-enough-is-good-enough. :wink: I love em for it.

Seriously guys, believe me when I say you'll be glad U2 held onto this one and worked on it some more.

And hey, you don't even know if it is indeed Mercy ... :eyebrow:

They don't need to polish it...I don't want this song ruined by over-thinking and over-producing it.

They don't need to polish it...I don't want this song ruined by over-thinking and over-producing it.

I agree with this. Too many songs have already been ruined in this way.

Back
Top Bottom